Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Can't register new baby

SystemSystem Posts: 519

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: Finally have a diagnosis and struggling to work.

Replies

• Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 3,174

Scope community team

Hi my child was born on the 8.8.2020 she was delivered by c section the hospital has lost discharge papers and also midwife has lost red book so cont registered my baby 
    Hi 

I'm so sorry to hear this. Is there anything that can be done?
    Online Community Coordinator

Find out more about, and apply for, the Community Co-production Group.

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,934

Scope community team

Hello @marcushodgkiss93. The hospital should still have access to your child's hospital number and birth records and information recorded in the mother's maternity notes. While the Gov page does say some registrars ask to see the Red Book, I've registered 3 children and never been asked for it. 

Have you spoken to the local register office in your area to ask what else you can do?
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
Sign in or join us to comment.