Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Music you're listening to

woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,416 Disability Gamechanger
Hi what music are you listening to at the moment, mine is

Tony Newley "Do You Mind"

"Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)

Replies

• lisathomas50lisathomas50 Posts: 4,322 Disability Gamechanger
    I am listening to hits on you tube whilst I am waiting for my job support to start  on my laptop 
  • mikeymikemikeymike Member Posts: 40 Courageous
    doing a playthrough of my vast record collection for cataloguing so listening to buddy holly right now 

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,108 Disability Gamechanger
    Alexa playing in the background whitney Houston 
  • Sandy_123Sandy_123 Member Posts: 1,536 Pioneering
    @woodbine i usually put classical music on at night with classic fm, it's really relaxing. I do love 80s heavy rock too and ed Sheeran so a lot of different viarety.
  • 66Mustang66Mustang Community Co-Production Group Posts: 5,042 Disability Gamechanger
    I usually like classical music and old music but I came across this orchestra that makes modern soundtrack type music called Two Steps From Hell. It’s like modern classical music. I don’t really know how to describe the genre but it’s almost like if someone was doing something really important or heroic in a film, the music that would be playing to accompany it. Here is a song I particularly like called “Victory”.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Listener
    My music taste is pretty "old school" to be honest, stuff dating as far back as the mid 60s, early 70s to early to mid 80s.. After about 1988 British Pop went a bit naff IMO, got slightly better circa 1992 but then they brough the flippin' Spice Girls in 4 years later lol.

• woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,416 Disability Gamechanger
    I've always enjoyed music from the mid 50's to early 60's, and then again from the early 70's when I was a teenager.
    @janer1967 I have an alexa I love it just ask her to sy what you  like  I play the games on there as well 
  • Sandy_123Sandy_123 Member Posts: 1,536 Pioneering
    @66Mustang wow I watched that Utube link you put on. Really lovely piece of music it's like a battling kind of music like the wars of the roses. 
  • deb74deb74 Member Posts: 763 Pioneering
    I have quite varied taste in music but I tend to listen to rock music. I like all sorts of rock music from 50's rock and roll onwards. As I am typing this I am listening to Freebird by Lynryd Skynyrd. 
  • Andy58Andy58 Member Posts: 39 Courageous
    I've just rediscovered my love of Travis
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,552 Disability Gamechanger
    Currently ripping around 1,800 CDs to a 2TB SSD as FLAC files. Rediscovering lots.
  • Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Posts: 3,976

Scope community team

I'm listening to a bit of Chaka... Chaka Khan - I feel for you.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • BrettWBrettW Member Posts: 607 Pioneering
    My music tastes are really varied and go from classical right through to Death metal. I listen to various styles on a daily basis. Currently I play 'Sound of Silence' by Disturbed a lot. I actually think its better than the Simon and Garfunkel version and i love that. The only styles of music I don't really like are Jazz and Blues. I find them rather depressing to listen to
    Jazz and blues are a difficult thing to find a way into but once you do you won’t regret it. 
    Earlier I was watching 70's "Glam Rock" on YouTube, bit of Slade, Three Degrees, Middle of the Road, The Sweet.. Like I said in a topic last week, that bloke out of Slade, Noddy Holder, should be made up to a Sir for services to British Rock IMO.

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,108 Disability Gamechanger
    I like a bit of country as part of my weekend break had a lovely hot bath with connie Francis playing away 

Forgot some of the classics she sang 
    Earlier I was watching 70's "Glam Rock" on YouTube, bit of Slade, Three Degrees, Middle of the Road, The Sweet.. Like I said in a topic last week, that bloke out of Slade, Noddy Holder, should be made up to a Sir for services to British Rock IMO.
    I still think Noddy should have made at least one solo album. One of the great rock voices. 
  • BrettWBrettW Member Posts: 607 Pioneering
    Jazz and blues are a difficult thing to find a way into but once you do you won’t regret it. 
    I've tried for decades Mike they are just styles I can't get into :smile:
  • sally37sally37 Member Posts: 15 Listener
    I love music 
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 4,114

Scope community team

Hi @sally37

What are you listening to at the moment then? :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,416 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 7
    Right now I'm watching a live clip of Frankie Lymon singing Goody Goody. From 1958.
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 4,114

Scope community team

woodbine said:
    Right now I'm watching a live clip of Frankie Lymon singing Goody Goody. From 1958.
    Sounds goody goody :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.
  • sally37sally37 Member Posts: 15 Listener
    Ross country music and pop and lots of different music
  • 11190821119082 Posts: 258 Member
    Have you heard of The boyband called the blue's one love it is my all time childhood favourite song and up to now I do listen to the same song and I do listen to the wanted and I do listen to their song I am glad you came. 
    I've kind of enherited a liking of some Country music from my Dad, I used to like some of the late Kenny Rogers' stuff (He died circa last October as I recall) and Alan Jackson, only song of his I don't like is that one he did for 9/11, I find it depressing lol.

• Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,997

Scope community team

My teenager is listening to "2000 rock-pop" meaning I get very little opportunity to listen to anything and the flat is filled with Green Day, Sum 41, Papa Roach and similar artists. 

Apparently it 'helps her work'.
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope
    BrettW said:
    I've tried for decades Mike they are just styles I can't get into :smile:
    There's no guarantees but try Sketches of Spain by Miles Davis followed maybe by Kind of Blue. Blues is a tougher one in some ways. Chess compilations are pretty great though. 
  • VictorVictor Member Posts: 156 Courageous
    edited February 9
    One of my John Williams playlists. Track - the end credits piece from  Far And Away.
    Nice piece of music choice here 
    which other music Victor do you listen to as well 
    if you do want I can be a buddy for you Victor 
    Can I be your talking Buddy 
    Hi Victor how are you it is Masuma
    I spent most of last night listening to Mary Chapin Carpenter on YouTube.. American Country singer, had a lot of hits in the early 90s.

• coylygirlcoylygirl Member Posts: 275 Pioneering
    My best band is Linkin Park, but that's too intense right now.  So I'm listening to strong, empowering women.  Oh and Everybody Hurts REM
  • VictorVictor Member Posts: 156 Courageous
    Playing some Jerry Goldsmith now, from The Secret Of NIMH.
    right now listening to the Chantels a 50's girl group fronted by Arlene Smith with their international #1 "Maybe"
  • Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Posts: 3,976

Scope community team

Radio 2 are playing Gloria Gaynor - I will Survive.  The theme tune of many wronged women  :D
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • jsmith8899jsmith8899 Member Posts: 32 Connected
    Usually I'm a big hair/glam rock music lover but rather have this what maybe some might call a guilty pleasure (yeah got a huge wide array of music tastes) haha in that listening to a lot of Kylie Minogue haha
    Usually I'm a big hair/glam rock music lover but rather have this what maybe some might call a guilty pleasure (yeah got a huge wide array of music tastes) haha in that listening to a lot of Kylie Minogue haha
    I used to, and still do, love Madness.. I remember when I was about 5 being fascinated by the video to Baggy Trousers, the flying Sax guy.

And almost 40 years later it's still one of the best Pop videos ever.

Radio 2 are playing Gloria Gaynor - I will Survive.  The theme tune of many wronged women  :D
    Yep, and it's been murdered by single women on Karaoke for years.

I'm listening to Ferndale Community Radio in Plymouth with my DJ friend Rick.  It's a mix of Rock music, trivia and comedy sketches.  You can find it online 7-10 on a Thursday.  He gave me another wonderful shout out, thanking my 'team' of friends, neighbours, family and professionals and he  played Madness by Muse.  Love that guy  <3  
  • Drumbrick_1Drumbrick_1 Member Posts: 10 Listener
    The Fureys 'Steal Away'
    A beautiful haunting song.
    Frazey Ford - U Kin B The Sun. 
  • leeCalleeCal Member Posts: 3,619 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 13
    Sia,  chandelier.
    I used to, and still do, love Madness.. I remember when I was about 5 being fascinated by the video to Baggy Trousers, the flying Sax guy.

Yeah do make some amazing songs do Madness or have done when they did the thing at the Jubilee though was amazing haha
  • SOBSOB Member Posts: 17 Connected
    Has anyone ever listened to a band called "Vengeance"? If you love rock & roll old style, then you will certainly like their album "Last of the fallen hero's" the hero's in question are the folks in the NHS!. I've also started listening to Rag & Bone man & Sigala, plus the sound track played by AC/DC used in the Iron man movie. Yes! I like science fiction. The 80's 90's is my kind of music, but I do try to keep up with what's in for 2021. I wish you all to stay well, because the misery of covid will be over sooner than you think!  
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Posts: 4,973

Scope community team

I haven't heard of Vengeance before, but I'll try and check them out @SOB :) 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Listening to some Frank Sinatra just right for a Sunday

Yeah do make some amazing songs do Madness or have done when they did the thing at the Jubilee though was amazing haha
    Yeah is more the likes of Def Leppard I meant, hey ya know their drummer Rick Allen (aka The Thunder God his nickname haha) only has one arm, was ripped off in a car crash in I think 1984 took me a while to notice but yeah.... until someone on youtube pointed it out had no idea lol

I saw them live at Plymouth Pavilions in about 2001.  Unfortunately the sound system was poor and I had a panic attack because of the crowds.  But it was still amazing.  My favourite tune is "It must be love" and the video is awesome!
    I can't concentrate on TV (manic) so I'm listening to a lot of music.  I'm going through an 80s phase, so UB40 and Depeche Mode are doing it for me at the moment
    Homework by Daft Punk (hideously over-rated) and now Black Messiah by D’Angelo.
    I am listening to joss stone love ger music 
    coylygirl said:

I saw them live at Plymouth Pavilions in about 2001.  Unfortunately the sound system was poor and I had a panic attack because of the crowds.  But it was still amazing.  My favourite tune is "It must be love" and the video is awesome!
    Oh thats a pity you had problems with your mental health but is great you enjoyed it!
    Can completely understand that though not so much recently used to get really really bad social phobia I mean back in about 2003-2005 was just horrible to be quite honest
Sign in or join us to comment.