News and opportunities
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Public Transport Accessibility for Individuals with Disabilities (Survey)

PatrickDPatrickD Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 3 in News and opportunities

Hi, I am a 3rd year Urban Planning student at Newcastle University currently carrying out some research on the topic of public transport accessibility measures, focused on whether they provide sufficient support for individuals with disabilities. I believe it is essential to strive towards a society where individuals with disabilities have equal opportunities, and public transport plays a large role in this.  

As all disabilities can create unique difficulties whilst using public transport, the solution to achieving equal accessibility is multi-faceted. Which is why I believe this is a matter which needs exploring, to ensure that the government is tackling all aspects of providing a universally accessible public transport service with the interests of the disabled community at the forefront of operations.  

I have created a short survey which intends to gather some information regarding the difficulties which individuals with disabilities face and any potential improvements which could be made to public transport from the perspectives of individuals with disabilities,

If you have any type of disability and would be happy to answer some questions about this topic please click the link below!

(The survey should only take around 10 minutes to complete)

This a link to the survey.

All of your answers are very much appreciated and would be extremely useful for my research!

Thanks,

Patrick

Replies

• Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Posts: 4,033

Scope community team

Hello and welcome to the community @PatrickD :)

We do allow research to be posted here on the community, but I've temporarily removed the link to your survey until we've verified the opportunity. Would you be able to send an email to [email protected]? Thanks.
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • GarzaGarza Member Posts: 117 Pioneering
    public transport is in a shambolic state for wheelchairs users, totally unfit for purpose, with buses only having one space which isnt even solely for the use of a wheelchair user, similarly trains have one spot in standard and first which again is often used for other things, luggage mostly, I am so thankful I am able to drive otherwise i would be virtually housebound 
  • MarkN88MarkN88 Member Posts: 772 Pioneering
    Hopefully the researcher will email as suggested and the link will be provided as I think this will be interesting. 
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,980 Disability Gamechanger
    Hopefully the link will be restored and the research confirmed as legit.
  • Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Posts: 3,352

Scope community team

This research opportunity has been verified by the community team as safe for our members, and the survey link has been restored to the OP's initial post.  Good luck with your study @PatrickD

Events, research and opportunities disclaimer

The Events, research and opportunities board is the only board that permits the publishing of posts with an email, contact number or survey link.

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and the Community Guidelines.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • MarkN88MarkN88 Member Posts: 772 Pioneering
  • littleacornlittleacorn Member Posts: 152 Pioneering
    Completed survey. Thanks 
  • PatrickDPatrickD Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks for all of your responses thus far, it's extremely insightful to hear about all of your experiences and thoughts on public transport and makes a great contribution to the progress of my research!
Sign in or join us to comment.