possible libel — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

possible libel

woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
edited February 2021 in Coffee lounge
I have deleted this because I thought it wise to allow scope the opportunity to delete a post I have reported as being nothing short of libel.
I will leave it at that for now.
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• woodbine
    Mike they have not seen fit to remove the post containing what anyone could see was libel, however for my efforts I have been put on moderation, i kid you not !

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Good morning.
    Just a quick update, the thread in question has been review and removed. We do not allow or condone remarks that could be considered libellous.
    Of course it's acceptable for members to share their frustrations about particular services or companies and share reviews of these, but remarks that are defamatory in nature will not be allowed, as per the community guidelines.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • woodbine
    Thank you Adrian, it really bothered me that scope could be leaving itself open to all sorts of action if a thread that contained libel was allowed to stay on site. I and others did report it at the time.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.