Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Disability benefits

marcushodgkiss93marcushodgkiss93 Member Posts: 145 Connected
Hi I have a chronic long term illness I have a learning disability anxiety mental health hearing loss asmath central sleep apnea which is respiratory failure heart failure and cont work any more I am on constant oxygen what other disability benefits can I claim as I am 27 thank you 

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 7,305 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

When you say what other benefits can you claim what are you already claiming? 
  • marcushodgkiss93marcushodgkiss93 Member Posts: 145 Connected
    Personal independent payment enhanced rate of daily living component 
    I have a 10 year award and indefinite award on going award as my illness is progressive 
  • calcotticalcotti Member Posts: 434 Pioneering
    Use a benefits calculator to see if you entitled to any Universal Credit. This can include extra money if you have a health condition that limits your ability to work and undertake work related activity.
    https://www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/universal-credit/
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
    As suggested above as it depends on lots of different things eg work, living arrangements any savings 

You can put your own details in 
    I get income related esa and I support group 
    Can I claim working tax credit 
    Ars you working? 
    I get income related esa just them my payments are under uc that's all just wanted to know if I am entitled to claim working tax credit as I get pip 
    Working tax credit is what it says working 

If you claim UC you cant claim any tax credits 

If I remember correctly I think you have asked b4 what you are entitled to and advised in great detail by poppy that you are claiming all you can and this hadn't changed 
    Thanks for your support 
    Also I want to know my grandad was born in 1946 am I able to put in a claim for AA as he has dementia 
    I get income related esa and I support group 
    My reply about UC was based on your initial reply in response to the query about what benefits you get in which you only mentioned the PIP.

For legacy benefits ESA and PIP would be the correct benefits (with Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction if applicable)

Claiming UC would end your ESA claim (and any Housing Benefit). In some circumstances you would get less money on UC, in other circumstances you might get a little more.

Do you live alone and have a Severe Disability Premium in your ESA?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
    I live alone and yes 
    I get enached disability premium 
    I get income related esa just them my payments are under uc that's all just wanted to know if I am entitled to claim working tax credit as I get pip 
    I am now confused. Income based ESA and UC are two different benefits. Which do you get?

Nobody can make a new claim for Tax Credits - they have been replaced by Universal Credit.
    I get income related esa and getting enchanted disability premium 
    I spoken to some one from CAB and tolled them I am on income related esa and getting enchanted disability premium and they said my payments are under uc CAB tolled me which Is what I am confused about too 
    edited February 22
    I get income related esa and getting enchanted disability premium 
    I infer therefore that you do not live alone. So you might get a little more money on UC if you wanted to switch. However you should do a full benefits check before deciding to change anything and make sure you understand howUC works. You should also not think about it until after the Budget when we will hopefully know what the government intends to do to UC rates.

(I like the idea of an ‘enchanted’ disability premium! Autocorrect at it’s best.)
    I do live alone I have not one living with me which I dont understand what's going on 

Looking back through the forum I can see you have had numerous discussions about benefits going over the same advice. In previous discussions you said you were on UC, in this one you have said you are on income based ESA. It isn’t possible to give any meaningful advice if you are not clear about your existing situation. 
    Sorry guys I am fed up lost my disability premium beacuse of stupid universal credit and now worser off ohh well government dont want me here might as well be dead no better off now. 
  • lisathomas50lisathomas50 Member Posts: 2,994 Pioneering
    @marcushodgkiss93 are you ok  hopefuly you will get some help what to do to help you please talk to someone   you can call samaritins if your feeling low   I hope that someone can help you sort your benefits out 
  • MarkN88MarkN88 Member Posts: 401 Pioneering
    Sorry guys I am fed up lost my disability premium beacuse of stupid universal credit and now worser off ohh well government dont want me here might as well be dead no better off now. 
    Please do seek help if you need someone to talk to. 
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing Team, Community Team Posts: 7,941 Scope community team
    Good morning @marcushodgkiss93.

I'm sorry you're feeling so stressed and low at the moment. As others have said, if you are having thoughts of this nature, it's very important you seek support from someone trained and able to help you. Please give Samaritans a call on 116 123, or text SHOUT to 85258. It might be worth reading Mind's web pages on getting support, but if you feel like you might be in immediate danger please call 999 and contact the emergency services.

We'd also be willing to find you additional local support, so if this is something that might interest you - please email us at [email protected]

I've been taking a look at your previous threads to try and determine the problem with your benefits to see if we can offer any advice. I'd really like to help you with this. 
    Would you be happy to clarify for your situation for me? So who you live with and which exact benefits you are currently claiming? I'm happy to discuss this by email if you'd prefer and have sent you an email this morning.
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate your feedback on our online community.
Sign in or join us to comment.