I had a phone assessment for LCWRA. Told I need an F2F assessment, despite me sending my PIP award? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I had a phone assessment for LCWRA. Told I need an F2F assessment, despite me sending my PIP award?

Options
Soiuxsie
Soiuxsie Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
I had my phone assessment for lwcra on 30th January the call lasted nearly two hours less than a week later I received a letter stating they needed more information so I will need to have a face to face assessment. I sent them my pip award notice which shows I am entitled to high rate mobility and middle rate care  I have been registered disabled since 2005 I rang them yesterday and they are still insisting on a face to face assessment. 

Comments

• Soiuxsie
    Options
    Meant 20th January 
  • Soiuxsie
    Options
    I have phernial neuropathy. I also suffer from very bad migraines which i receive botox injections every 3 months from the hospital to help manage them. As you can tell from my user name I'm a big fan of all things gothic 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

Unfortunately getting PIP had no relevance to LCWRA as they are different benefits with different criteria 

Lcwra looks at your ability to do any kind if work and how you are affected in a work environment 

There is no longer any such thing as being registered disabled 

Unfortunately if they need fed assessment to make a decision you will have to wait till these ste back up and running which there is no mention as yet when that will be 

Sorry you are in this position and I know it usnt what you want to hear 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.