2021 Budget — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

2021 Budget

woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
It's the budget on Wednesday, what do you think he will do?  what would you like him to do?  How could he help disabled people more?

I think he will extend the extra £20 per week for UC.

I would like him to add ESA claimants to the £20 a week.

As for helping disabled people more I'm not sure we will be on his list of things to do, but you never know.
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I tend to agree dont think there will even be a mention of disability benefits

I'm not too sure they will even keep the UC uplift and think it was there to try and get people over to UC rather than esa 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I don't think disability will get a look in even  with the campaigning  that people have been doing we can all but help 

I will be surprised if they keep the extra  20.00 on uc there will be the normal rise as we have every year 

I hope they remember the employed people  and the people who have worked through the pandemic risking their own lives  sll wages should be brought up to living wage 

We will have to see whst happens 
  • Crumbled72
    Crumbled72 Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
    Every time someone mentions the “extra £20”, I’m not sure if we even get it.. I suppose not, since we’re both on PIP, UC and CA...
    All you need is L❤️VE ..and oxygen ?
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I can't see anything positive coming out of the budget.  We're now in billions of pounds more debt because of Covid.  Taxes will have to be raised and cuts will have to be made to pay that back. 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Every time someone mentions the “extra £20”, I’m not sure if we even get it.. I suppose not, since we’re both on PIP, UC and CA...
    Everyone on UC gets it.  It was originally meant to help people that lost work due to Covid, but was too complicated to work out who should and shouldn't get it so it was just given to everyone.  People still on the old ESA don't get it which is where the confusion can arise.  
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,788 Disability Gamechanger
    Ive just been watchibg   Rishi Sunak on the politics show and it does seem possitive, every thing he was saying, we will soon find out.
  • Lisatho11987777
    @Sandy_123 do you think they will take the extra 20 .00 off uc or leave it on there 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,788 Disability Gamechanger
    @lisathomas50 I'm hoping he does, the papers think he will, but we won't know till we see him holding that red case and making announcements 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,627 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi@Crumbled72.
    Just wanted to say it’s nice to see you back. ?
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    ITV seem to be reporting the £20 uplift will stay for a further 6 months but again it’s all speculation really. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    I supise realy it doesn't matter when we still got to get used not haveing it and it will be hard it doesn't seem alot but it is in the bigger picture  
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Couple of points Boris has said a number of times this week that he will not see a return to austerity, I suspect capital gains tax will increase, and the big surprise might be a new tax on online shopping (not food but amazon etc).
    But as ever time will tell.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.