2021 Holidays? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

2021 Holidays?

Options
woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,655 Disability Gamechanger
edited March 2021 in Coffee lounge
There has been a lot of talk in the media this week about when/if we will be allowed to travel abroad this year.
Have you any plans or are you going to see what happens?

We had plans for going abroad sometime this year, senior management will be 60 this summer and we celebrate 40 years of wedded bliss in the Autumn, will be very disappointing if we can't celebrate in style.

Your thoughts?
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Would love to go abroad but wait7ng to see how things go 

My son and my passport both need renewing but have held off as didnt want to waste the years if not able to go glad I waited 

Hoping if not to go to lake district and few weekends away 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Last thing I heard was no travel abroad  but changes all the time lol today they said we got a third wave comeing again only what is on the news and in the papers and on line 

I will just wait until they say we can do something lol ?
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Options
    Nothing on the cards as yet - but I'm dreaming of lots of nice holiday destinations for the future!

Keeping fingers crossed for the 2021 holiday season and lots of good weather to boot :)

Has anybody else got any plans?
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,662 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We had plans to go to Scotland for my birthday which was in November. We postponed it until late March and sadly have had to postpone it again indefinitely. I hope I get to go this year. 
  • Welshjayne2021
    Welshjayne2021 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
    Options
    I can’t see us going abroad anytime soon. Vaccination programmes in other countries appear to be very hit and miss, I would not feel safe going anywhere soon. I do however miss going on my yearly trip to Marmaris in Turkey.
  • Anomalous123
    Anomalous123 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    Options
    I think the only places available this year for us is places like Scarborough, Devon or Skegness. Got Butlins lined up for June, but things seem to be changing so quickly, all we can do is hope at this time.
  • Pixie51
    Pixie51 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    Options
    Would love to go abroad this year but we have decided to scrap it completely rather than make a lovely thing stressful, with things constantly changing, so uk based trips for us while planning a trip to Nepal probably in 2023. Congrarulations to your wife on her 60th and your 40th Wedding Anniversary, how wonderful! I hope you get to celebrate in style whatever you do!

Pix ?
    Yoga heals the soul ??

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.