Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Will I receive a back payment, as this hasn’t been added on my UC account for this month?

SystemSystem Posts: 545

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: Lcwra backdated pay.

Replies

• emmyjgemmyjg Member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi, I wondered if u could help. I have been awarded LCWRA, I provided medical evidence in November 2020 and received my letter in December 2020 that it has been awarded. 
    I have now had it awarded on my UC account this month in March 2021, I just wondered if I will receive a back payment for the 4 months I’ve waited as this hasn’t been added on my UC account/payment for this month. 
    Hope you can help 
    thanks 

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,139 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @emmyjg

I dont think you will be entitled to any back pay as there is a 3 month assessment period waiting time for you to be eligible for the payment 

So in essence jan , feb and march will have been your waiting period so payment will be from march 
  • emmyjgemmyjg Member Posts: 5 Listener
    Oh okay I see
    Thank you 
  • calcotticalcotti Member Posts: 2,162 Pioneering
    Agree with janer. You would expect the extra money in the fourth payment after you reported the health condition (depending on exact date reported and how this relates to your assessment periods) so March seems right.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
Sign in or join us to comment.