Will I receive a back payment, as this hasn’t been added on my UC account for this month? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Will I receive a back payment, as this hasn’t been added on my UC account for this month?

System Posts: 752 Scope online community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Lcwra backdated pay.


  • emmyjg
    emmyjg Member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi, I wondered if u could help. I have been awarded LCWRA, I provided medical evidence in November 2020 and received my letter in December 2020 that it has been awarded. 
    I have now had it awarded on my UC account this month in March 2021, I just wondered if I will receive a back payment for the 4 months I’ve waited as this hasn’t been added on my UC account/payment for this month. 
    Hope you can help 

  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 16,329 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @emmyjg

    I dont think you will be entitled to any back pay as there is a 3 month assessment period waiting time for you to be eligible for the payment 

    So in essence jan , feb and march will have been your waiting period so payment will be from march 
  • emmyjg
    emmyjg Member Posts: 5 Listener
    Oh okay I see
    Thank you 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Member Posts: 6,285 Disability Gamechanger
    Agree with janer. You would expect the extra money in the fourth payment after you reported the health condition (depending on exact date reported and how this relates to your assessment periods) so March seems right.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.