Detained in mental health hospital - Page 12 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Detained in mental health hospital

Options
167891012»

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear that I thought you were getting there especially after coping on your own over the weekend 

If you need to go to hospital again think positive nothing horrible happened last time you got the help you needed at the time 

As ever we are here for you x x 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,194 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh hi cupcake,  I’m so sorry to hear what’s happening again to you.
    Im glad your crisis team are helping you.
    I know you don’t want to go back to hospital but it’s definitely for the best.
    You will get the right care and support.

Take care and stay strong ❤️
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cupcake88 - I'm sorry that things are not very good at the moment, but good your team are so responsive. You will cope if you have to go back into hospital, &, as Jane says, you managed last time, & as Lou says you will get the right care & support.
    Just keep talking to us all any time. Hugs, xx
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well @cupcake88. It does seem as though you were able to make a lot of progress recently, so try not to put yourself down too much even if you are still experiencing symptoms of psychosis. These things take time.

I'm glad that you were able to speak to your team. I can see that the prospect of going back into hospital might be a worrying one, but hope that you'll be able to get the further support you might need in order to get more settled. Do you feel a little more prepared this time around? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,073 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cupcake88 sorry to read that your not feeling well, but glad you have good support, with your teams. 

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear your not well again hope you get well soon  we are all here for you xxx
  • chiarieds
    Options
    How are you @cupcake88 ? Have you spoken with your team today? Thinking about you, xx
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,286 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi every one sorry for late update haven’t been in a good place i was assessed and it was decided that I would be put back under the home based treatment team which is a hospital alternative. I get 24/7 support From home so I thought the last time I was under the home based treatment team it was before covid and they were great but there not allowed to visit which makes no sense because my nurse visits me . 

They have been calling me and checking on me my medication has been upped when they feel I’m feeling better I’ll be passed back to my community team . 

So once again I have had a set back my mental illness is like a game of snakes and ladders when I think I’m going up a small ladder I land on a big snack head and go back to the start . I’m feeling not very well at all . But I know I have all of you as my good friends wishing me well which I appreciate your kind words have got me threw my dark days when I’m so bad I think of all the lovely comments on here x 
  • chiarieds
    Options
    Hi @cupcake88 - I can't imagine what you're going through, & so wish you were feeling better. At least this is an alternative to hospital, so take that as a positive. With many disorders, & not trying to minimise yours, it can take that fine balance of finding the meds, & the right amount that works, so, please don't despair. It's not great to think it might take time to improve, but obviously this is thought entirely possible, or it wouldn't be said you'll get passed back to your community team when this happens.
    Just know at this moment you're doing the best that you can; that's all anyone can do.....& we all need help sometimes, & just have to take that in whatever form it comes. You're a fighter my friend, & have such strength. You know I hold you in my thoughts & prayers, & you have the support of all of your other friends here too. Gentle hugs, xx

• mariequirk
    mariequirk Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    Options
    Hi, I’m so sorry to hear your not feeling to good. I myself suffer with mental health, you should take all the help that is offered to you and just get to where you need to be one day at a time. I wish you a speedy recovery. I will say a little prayer for you. Take care. X
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @cupcake88 hopfuly  soon you will be back in a good place you have good support and at least you are at home thinking of you 

Take care xx
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @cupcake88 Thank you for updating us on how it's going  <3

I'm sorry to hear things have taken a little setback but you've done the right thing in accessing support.  I have some knowledge of Home Based Treatment Teams from previous employment and know the good work they do - keep doing what you're doing, being open about your symptoms and thoughts, and you will get there day by day.  

Sending lots of virtual hugs your way, take it easy.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,194 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi cupcake 
    Im so sorry your not feeling great, things will get better.
    You have a great partner and a great team around you.

Just remember how strong you are and the things you’ve overcame.You’ll get better again.

Stay strong take care ❤️

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.