PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Making a complaint against Capita

SystemSystem Posts: 546

Scope community team

edited March 31 in PIP, DLA and AA
This discussion was created from comments split from: Complaining about capita.
Tagged:

Replies

• totallyinspiredtotallyinspired Member Posts: 1 Listener
    I've recently had a phone assessment due to Covid.  It was for my 20-year-old autistic son,  I am his appointee.  I ask my son to attend, because, quite frankly, i'm not going to live forever, and he has to learn how to do this.  The assessor was SUPER combative, oppositional and rude.  My son ended up completely covered in a duvet on the floor rocking as a result.  I mentioned to the assessor that I thought she was being adversarial and that it was really causing everyone's anxiety to be quite high.  The assessor hung up on me.  Even though i made my statements in a very polite way.  I immediately filed a complaint with Capita and rang them to confirm their complaints procedure.  They told me they would do a thorough investigation and informed me they are not allowed to record calls per the DWP.  Our support worker says this is false and they CAN record calls.  In a month, as promised they sent me a letter which stated the Assessor did nothing wrong.  And yet, two weeks prior i received an email receipt stating that my complaint was deleted WITHOUT being read.  My support worker and i rang them today to get some clarity on their complaints procedure and how they could make a decision without reading the complaint.  The representative, Michelle from DWP told us she did not know.  She contacted the complaints dept while we held.  Then she said complaints advised her to speak to customer relations at which time their system went down and they promised us a call back in 24 hours.  I am curious how they are going to justify their complaints resolution procedure.

As it stands now, the DWP requested (on Feb 24, 2021) that they reschedule the assessment.  According to DWP they have 8 weeks to do this, four have passed.  Neither the DWP nor CAPITA contacted me to tell me about this request for a reassessment and DWP says they have no procedures in place which indicates they should/can contact the applicant to let them know this will happen.  I explained that i don't have a lot of faith in Capita atm and if they so choose to say they sent me an appointment letter but in fact did not, i would not even be aware that I'm missing an assessment.  I explained that DWP needs to be responsible for those they contract on their behalf.  I explained that if they are going to request a 3rd Party service to perform some action for them, that i should be informed.  This whole thing is a racquet to make a person fail.  My son was on DLA his whole life and as soon as he turned 18, BOOM he's not eligible for anything?
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,201 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @totallyinspired

This is  a thread from 3 years ago si may not get much traction 

I will ask admin yo move it into a new post for you 

@Tori_Scope can you set above as a new post 

It does seem that capita complaints never seem to get anywhere from what I have read 

Maybe speak to welfare rights for some advice 
Sign in or join us to comment.