Community updates
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Would you be interested in helping to shape the future of the community?

Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 4,240

Scope community team

edited April 1 in Community updates
Hi all,
As part of Scope’s commitment to making the community a supportive, friendly and enjoyable place, the community team want to make sure that you have an influence in its development and progression.

We want to gauge interest in a group we’re calling the “Community Co-production Group”. Members of this group will actively engage with the community team and offer input on decisions that impact the community’s future.

Activities would include:
  • representing our members' interests 
  • participating in workshops, meetings and on-community discussions
  • providing feedback or suggestions on community-related matters
  • acting as a sounding board to provide insight and opinions 
  • delivering temperature checks on community attitudes

Does this sound like something that would interest you?

If you would be interested in joining the group or would like to find out more information, please email [email protected], or alternatively leave a comment here and one of the team will contact the email address associated with your community account.
Online Community Coordinator

Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.

Replies

• 66Mustang66Mustang Community Co-Production Group Posts: 5,103 Disability Gamechanger
    This sounds like something that would interest me
  • Ami2301Ami2301 Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,760 Disability Gamechanger
    Definitely interested :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Posts: 5,039

Scope community team

We've made a note of both of your names @Ami2301 and @66Mustang, and you'll be sent some more information after Easter I believe :) Thanks!
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,546 Disability Gamechanger
    I would be interested to know more and to take part.
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Posts: 5,039

Scope community team

Noted, thanks @woodbine :)
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

• Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 4,240

Scope community team

Thanks to all who have responded so far, it's been great to see the level of interest!

• Caz_AlumniCaz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 626 Pioneering
    Yes - I'll second that @Ross_Scope!

Fantastic to see so many community members wanting to get involved in the Community Co-Production Group. 

It promises to be a great peer-group initiative! 
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

• jinntyjinnty Member Posts: 27 Connected
    Hello, yes please, can you send me more information please? Thank you. 

Scope community team

Super, thank you @Jinty, we will start contacting people after Easter, from the start of next week :) 

• Caz_AlumniCaz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 626 Pioneering
    Just wanted to take a moment to remind you all about this new and exciting opportunity...

As you'll see from Ross' original post, we're currently looking to gauge interest in a group we’re calling the “Community Co-production Group”. Members of this group will actively engage with the community team and offer input on decisions that impact the community’s future. So, it's a great way to really get involved in shaping the way forward for YOUR online community!

If you are interested in being a part of this, or you would just like to find out a bit more information, then please email [email protected], or alternatively leave a comment here and one of the team will contact the email address associated with your community account.
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

• mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Interesting. This looks like an attempt to replace one form of self-policing with another form of self-policing. I’m sure it will appeal to a number of members. I’m not sure it’s the way the wind is blowing. 

As regards things like benefit related forums it’s simply not possible to provide the expertise needed as has been shown repeatedly in my time here. Self-policing isn’t going to change there not being enough people with sufficient expertise to ensure accurate advice which doesn’t permanently damage peoples incomes for the rest of their lives. Self-policing is also not the way to deal with abuse or personal comments. 

I believe taking part in this co-production approach was mentioned to me in passing as an incentive to stay. Since then I’ve heard nothing but it now appears to be less a review of the way business is done than a change of clothes for the way things are done. As an approach it’s about five to ten years out of date; has consistently been shown to produce disastrous results and on balance I think it’s likely to be the final nail in the coffin for the likes of me. 

There is a view that self-regulation is about empowerment. There is another view that it’s really about being co-opted to justify decisions which have already been made.
  • GlobsterGlobster Community Co-Production Group Posts: 737 Pioneering
    @Caz_Scope
    I would be interesting be a part of this group
  • DragonslayerDragonslayer Community Co-Production Group Posts: 1,154 Pioneering
    @Ross_Scope
    Sounds interesting. I would like to know a little more, please send details

Scope community team

Super @Globster and @Dragonslayer, thank you. We will start responding to everybody from tomorrow when the extended Easter weekend is beyond us :) 

• daz2daz2 Member, Community Co-Production Group Posts: 28 Courageous
    I'd be very interested in taking part

Scope community team

daz2 said:
    I'd be very interested in taking part

Amazing, thank you! We'll be in touch with further information over the next couple of days.

• katrina_mkatrina_m Member Posts: 7 Listener
    this seems very interesting I am interested to know more, please.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 8,008

Scope community team

edited April 8
    This looks like an attempt to replace one form of self-policing with another form of self-policing. 
    Hi @mikehughescq. I'm not sure why you'd think this relates to self-policing, but I'm sorry if you got that impression. This is not the purpose of the co-production group. It is very much intended to be a review of the way business is done. This group's participation in our own internal workshops and reviews will be critical to the development of the community as a service. Perhaps a better way to look at this project is as something some way between a stakeholder focus group and a steering panel. I think we can all agree that there is at least a little ambiguity over what the community should be doing and it is hoped that this group will go a very long way to answering both this and other questions.

The co-production group is not intended in any way, shape or form to be a step towards self-policing. It's not even a consideration. What it is about is Scope having regular (and more flexible) access to the perspectives of people who are using the service on a daily basis and using those perspectives to guide where we go from here.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,546 Disability Gamechanger
    Adrian I replied to the initial e mail, have things progressed yet?
    cheers

Scope community team

Hello @woodbine

Do you mean the email that was sent by myself? I don't recall seeing a response from you, nor have I seen one sent to the [email protected] email address. 

We have contacted everybody who has expressed an interest via this page, and we are still awaiting responses from some people before we progress further. 

• daz2daz2 Member, Community Co-Production Group Posts: 28 Courageous
    edited April 17
    Ross, which email are you referring to as I get quite a few from Sorry, found it I think.

Scope community team

daz2 said:
    Ross, which email are you referring to as I get quite a few from Sorry, found it I think.
    Yes, the one from myself. Don't worry, I received your response and logged it :) 

Also apologies @woodbine, I've done some digging and I now see we received your email the other day, so there's no worries. 

We will be giving chance for everyone to submit their application before we contact individuals with outcomes, so please be patient with us :) 

Hello @woodbine

Do you mean the email that was sent by myself? I don't recall seeing a response from you, nor have I seen one sent to the [email protected] email address. 

We have contacted everybody who has expressed an interest via this page, and we are still awaiting responses from some people before we progress further. 
    Apparently I didn't get the first email but it was sent again I answered the two questions and replied using the address it was sent from  ???
    @[email protected]_Scope

Scope community team

woodbine said:
    Hello @woodbine

Apparently I didn't get the first email but it was sent again I answered the two questions and replied using the address it was sent from  ???
    @[email protected]_Scope
    That's correct, yes :) Sorry for the confusion, we do have your response :) 

Had me worried there @Ross_Scope having the memory of a goldfish doesn't help me
  • lisathomas50lisathomas50 Posts: 4,363 Disability Gamechanger
    Did you get my email please and thank you 
    I havent had an email from you 😔

Scope community team

Hi @lisathomas50

I sent you an email containing further information, but I am yet to receive a response from you. 

If you did send one but it hasn't come through, would you mind re-sending it to [email protected]? Hopefully that will work.

Thank you

I cant find the email you sent me can you re send it please 

Scope community team

I cant find the email you sent me can you re send it please 
    Absolutely, it'll be with you in a moment :) 

Let me know if you receive it.

@Ross_Scope I have replied to the email you sent thank you 

Scope community team

Thank you @lisathomas50, I have your email.

Sign in or join us to comment.