PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Pip appeal adjourned

Disorder2Disorder2 Member Posts: 16 Connected
edited June 18 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi guys, I’m sure you heard all this before. I’m in a bit of pip related bother and it’s dragging me down even further. 

Ok so my pip appeal was 12/4/21 but caught me off guard today 7/4/21.. no idea what happened but I booked the 12th off work. 

My appeal was adjourned for the following reasons, lack of support from GP surgery. An because I was in work and sitting in my car for the appeal.

I’ve been asking my GP surgery for supporting evidence for pip since Nov2020 and I have only received a medical summary. Since asking for support with pip, my GP surgery has fully stopped helping me. I did send my appeal all the GP surgery responses. Probably the reason for the adjournment.
I only really spoken with the judge. He is writing me a letter to give to the GP surgery, but I’ve changed surgery since. He also suggested that I need a welfare officer to compile all my evidence so it makes sense. 

Dwp response was that I’m lying, fabricated illnesses and know to much about mental health issues. My meds have been stable so my condition is.

I’m on the adult autism waiting list, but the judge wants more information. What can I give? I’ve been referred by mental health and passed the asd assessment and made the waiting list. Last text I received was saying I’m on the waiting list and it’s upto 18mths

My medication has been all over the place, I’m confused where dwp have got there information from? I’ve upped to a max dose and tapped on to a different pill,  venlafaxine 

im so confused and scared. It means a lot to me

Replies

• wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,353 Disability Gamechanger
    @Disorder2, hello and welcome,  asking your GP surgery for help to secure an award for PIP is not much use. Why ,because the GPS can only confirm your illnesses, a diagnosis and the prescription medications you are taking. How you function in relation to the PIP activities/ descriptors they can only guess how you may cope or mange each activity. The doctors don’t spend 24/7 time with you so have you kept a dairy of your abilities when you attempt or try to preform each descriptor. Giving real examples of what does or has happened at each attempt.
  • Disorder2Disorder2 Member Posts: 16 Connected
    I understand all of this, I’ve made this appeal my mission,. But I presented evidence to the court, correspondence from my gp surgery since Nov to March point blank refusing. My medical summary is me asking for pip evidence. The judge made it clear that my GP surgery is in the wrong. I sent the court text messages and email responses from my GP lying about procedures. So the judge has/is writing me a letter to pass onto the surgery correcting there mistake. 

They also can prove the amount of go visits, 111 calls, a&e attendance and referrals. 

In my eyes I see failed duty of care, the GP has all the information they need on a screen. Instead econsult sends it to DR lazy who dismisses it not realising the impact it actually has on this person. Because dr lazy couldn’t be bothered checking what this person has been diagnosed with and the amount of appointments this person has
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Back to the beginning. Are you saying your appeal took place 5 days before it was listed? Have I misunderstood this?
    It potentially happened 5 days before yes. But it has now been adjourned until further notice 
    edited April 8
    Sorry but what does potentially mean? A tribunal cannot go ahead before the date it’s been listed for without the explicit consent of all parties. They cannot randomly ring out of the blue on the 7th asking you to go ahead unless you previously consented to less than 14 days notice and the hearing on the 7th cannot start let alone adjourn until you’ve explicitly said yes go ahead. So, I’m initially intrigued as to how this sorry mess arises in the first place before we even get into the adjournment. 

I’ll wait until your next post but I think there’s something else happening here. Just how far into this hearing were you before adjournment i.e. how many minutes? Who else was on the call?
    edited April 8
    I don’t know what happened,. I booked the 12th off work. But I was caught off guard yesterday. The appeal never went ahead. It was adjourned before it started. 

It could well be me and my memory,. Or it may of changed a couple of months ago. Either way I wasn’t expecting it, sorry
    Okay, still need more detail. Did someone ring you immediately before the start time on the 7th and tell you there was a further call coming and that was your appeal or was there just one call out of the blue? How many minutes were you on the phone roughly before the decision to adjourn was made? How many people were on the call? You would know this because they would have been introduced to you by the judge before there was any discussion around adjournment.
    I was contacted 35mins before hearing. Then I was called again, followed instructions and said my name,. I was introduced to the panel. Then the judge spoken with me for about 5 mins with reasons for adjournment and how to improve my claim.  3 panel and the lady I charge of connecting me and then the dwp woman. 

I was told it would be a complete new panel. 

Thanks
    My letter from the judge never came today, instead I received a secretary of states supplementary submission and I have no idea what it means,. It’s also dated last month 
    Did the DWP mention that their supplementary submission had been omitted from the appeal papers/not yet arrived when they appeared at the appeal hearing?
    Sorry for the long reply. I’m not sure, it’s to official for my understanding.  I handed in a photocopy of the court’s instructions and gave them to my new GP reception, basically send everything regarding my conditions directly to the courts. I’ve spent countless evenings and nights looking for a welfare officer to help me. Citizens advice basically said read there website. I’m close to giving up or asking for a couple of months break. It’s been to long and mentally exhausting 
  • Amanda_Jane_JacksAmanda_Jane_Jacks Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi Disorder2. I am having very similar experiences regarding PIP Tribunal 
     and its adjournment due to insufficient evidence. I STRONGLY ADVISE  YOU TO REQUEST A CASE WORKER FROM THE CITIZEN ADVICE BUREAU. It's all stressful enough being on the Autistic Spectrum without anyone to support you. 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Pioneering
    edited May 5
    Yes, definitely, contact your nearest citizens advice , they were brilliant with me regarding my pips claim , and despite being refused, pretty common on first attempt, I managed to get my pips awarded on appeal with help from CA.
  • MomolinoMomolino Member Posts: 3 Listener
    edited May 6
    Disorder 2,

same things happened to me: adjournments, last minute lack of GP support; barriers and more barriers to make it even harder to access disability benefits. Surprisingly I was awarded dl enhanced/mo enhanced at my tribunal. I received zero points before. 

👉 You need ALL your medical records, not only your summary records! 

Forget about doctors' letters or supporting letters if you have to pay for them. They will only line their pockets. All those letters will do is confirm what's already in your full medical records. Your full medical records include your summary records as well. 

Your full medical records are free of charge. If you request them again within 18 months, you will have to pay an admin fee; which can be as high as £50 - £90!! for paper copies. To avoid a fee, only ask for an update of your medical records afterwards. An update is free of charge.

[Once you've received your full medical records from your GP, only give out copies for others, e.g. tribunal, DWP, solicitors, advocates, etc. Always keep your medical records updated.]

👉You need a tribunal advocate to help you preparing and representing your case. Do not do anything without them!

👉 Other evidence you can use: copies of receipts or invoices when you purchase a product related to your disability. An incident diary where you describe situations where your disability affected you in a negative way. This will also help your advocate preparing your case. 

Also: do not rely on your PIP- assessment or mandatory reconsideration. The tribunal is much more competent and reliable to assess your case. If you received zero points after your PIP-assessment, you have nothing to lose anymore. Trust tribunal - never trust DWP! 

Hi Disorder2. I am having very similar experiences regarding PIP Tribunal 
     and its adjournment due to insufficient evidence. I STRONGLY ADVISE  YOU TO REQUEST A CASE WORKER FROM THE CITIZEN ADVICE BUREAU. It's all stressful enough being on the Autistic Spectrum without anyone to support you. 
    How did you know I’m Autistic? Is it the obvious ha
  • Amanda_Jane_JacksAmanda_Jane_Jacks Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Because you mentioned being on the Adult Autism waiting list, and because I have also been diagnosed as having Asperger's Syndrome.

Sign in or join us to comment.