Could sending further information about how my condition affects me make me lose my current award? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Could sending further information about how my condition affects me make me lose my current award?

bobby123
bobby123 Community member Posts: 187 Courageous
edited April 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I get pip standard allowance daily living but have recently been diagnosed with Crohn's disease
If I send off information about how chrons disease affects me could I possibly lose my standard allowance I already have.

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021
    Diagnosis of an illness is not relevant as PIP is all about how you are affected by any health conditions. You first need to think about whether, since you were last assessed, there has been a change in the impact your health has on your ability to do the specific tasks that are assessed as part of the PIP process. If there has been a change you then need to think about whether the change is sufficient to change the point score that might apply and would the change in score result in a change in the level of award. Only if there has been sufficient change in your difficulties to justify a change in the award is it worth advising DWP. 
    https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/personal-independence-payment-pip/pip-points-system

If you do report a change it will prompt a reassessment and it is possible that the new award will be less than existing - but you can of course challenge that through the normal processes.

Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @REBERT

Thanks for sharing this invoice you have also put it on other posts as well some which are old 

If would be much better for you to just create a new post of your own rather than putting it on unrelated old posts 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Multiple posting like this is spam and completely clogs up the forum.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.