Motability, Blue Badges and disabled motoring
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

How long the does the motability application take?

This discussion was created from comments split from: Finally had my telephone assessment.

Replies

• LithaRiddleLithaRiddle Member Posts: 6 Listener
    edited April 18
    Sorry for the late reply, but I've finally put in for a mobility scooter with motability. My present one keeps breaking down and the company I was buying from haven't done yearly maintenance in the three years I've had the contract. Hoping they'll come and seize it once my motability one comes. Just to know I can rely on help when it breaks or isn't working right will be such a relief. 

Does anyone know how long the motability application takes? I've picked my scooter and given all the paperwork, just having to wait now. It sucks since my son goes back to school tomorrow so won't be able to do the school run until my new one arrives.
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Posts: 4,033

Scope community team

I've split your comment in to a new discussion, as the topic seemed to be about something slightly different @LithaRiddle. I hope that's okay.

I believe that it can take a little while sometimes, but that it can really vary. When did you hand your paperwork in? 

Have you been sent a letter confirming the details of your order? This page on the Motability website outlines that:

this will usually be sent within two weeks of making an application, however if you have not received a letter within this timeframe you should contact your dealer.

They also outline on this page that:
    The time taken to get a new car can vary depending on manufacturers and the model you have ordered. You should ask your chosen supplying dealer the expected/estimated delivery time when making the application and remain in contact with them until the collection date. Your dealer should also let you know if there are any delays to your new vehicle being delivered.

Events around the world, outside of the manufacturer's control, can occasionally affect estimated delivery times.

Does that help at all? I hope that you hear from them soon.

Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,289 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello, I hope you have chosen the right scooter size and suitable for your needs because I think you can only change your choice 2 or 3 times. Then you are committed to the same scooter for the three year lease.
Sign in or join us to comment.