PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

I've been waiting months for my PIP and LCWRA assessments. Any advice?

SystemSystem Posts: 520

Scope community team

edited April 27 in PIP, DLA and AA
This discussion was created from comments split from: PIP without assessment?.

Replies

• bubblybevbubblybev Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi there, Im happy to see this website to ask for advice. :)
    ,I was a carer for my elder daughter afterher brain injury, for a few years, then my hands became worse with the arthritis and during covid due to cancellation of cortisones it disabled me i alot of ways . I have been unable to work and have been given sick notes to the job centre since june 2020 and making note in my journal in UC, I already get PIP from 2018 I had 11 points low care, however my health diteriated, My anxiety and depression is high. welfare rights filled in my forms in november 2020, I had  hand surgery march 23rd 2021, .Im still waiting 10 months  to be assessed in to a group of  Lcwra, surely with all the evidence of my both hands arthritis,also recentley diagnoised OA in my feet. I do meet the criteria for DLA or mobilty in PIP, PIP said last week they've had all the evidence since feb 2021 its just a matter of waiting for a phone assesment. Ive been so upset almost sucicdal as im very limited in activities ive been used to. My recovery will take up to 6 months then the right hand will be operated on. so I know i am entitled to something more, im struggling finacially to pay a cleaner and carer
    do you have any advice please anyone ?
    Thanks for reading
    Bev
  • Popdiva43Popdiva43 Member Posts: 23 Listener
    Hi bubbly Beth, I'm so sorry to hear how you are and I know how miserable everyday life can be, I myself have been unwell since July 2020,i worked as a homecarer nd loved my job, but one day just couldn't bare any weight on my left knee, I could be forever but long story short, and taking for ever I have osteoarthritis of both hips, LLD which affects my spine, having to use crutches to get around, need help with daily living, got assessed in January this year, got absolutely zero points, appealed it declined again with zero points, I'm now taking this to tribunal, and I'm at the end of my tether, as get benefit capped, etc, it's a joke but I hope we both get the end results that we deserve 
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,998 Disability Gamechanger
    @bubblybev go back to welfare rights. They will confirm that there are delays on assessments at present although things are getting going again slowly. At the moment they’re doing assessments 7 days pw so don’t be surprised if you get a call on a weekend.
    Thaks for the reassurance mike
    Im so sorry to hear this POP look we have all the evidence of our disabilitiees and you got 0. i really hope you get what you deserve this is disgraceful.
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Posts: 4,059

Scope community team

edited April 27
    Hello and welcome to the community @bubblybev :) 

Just to let you know, I've split your comments on the other thread into a new thread so that other members can find your post more easily. 

As Mike says, there are unfortunately delays at the moment, but I hope it's not too long before you get your assessments.

You mentioned having anxiety and depression. Are you currently receiving any support for either of these? And do you receive any support from your local authority's social care team?
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Sign in or join us to comment.