They won't send my assessors report until award letter as it'll make my anxiety worse — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

They won't send my assessors report until award letter as it'll make my anxiety worse

System
System Posts: 597

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: How long until I receive PIP decision?.

Comments

• wilber2505
    wilber2505 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    I asked for a copy of the assessors report and they won’t send it until they make a decision and will send it at the same time as my award letter, they said this is because it will make my anxiety so much worse 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 12,361 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Try not to worry about it you will see the report eventually doesn't mean its a bad report 
    I have professional experience in HR within public,  private, and charity sectors.  If I can't help I will
  • easy
    easy Member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    You are entitled to a copy of your report unless you live in NI. I would phone again and hope that you get a better operator who will agree to send this. I know they do have a few unhelpful operators.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 5,351 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 30
    Have to a agree, some of them just can't be bothered to do it, for clarity what you need to ask for is a PA4. If they use the same excuse just tell them it's making your anxiety worse NOT getting it.
    I am a person with epilepsy not an epileptic, my illness doesn't define me.
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 624 Pioneering
    Hello @wilber2505 :)

First of all, welcome to the community!

I can see that some of our members have already offered some helpful follow-up advice about requesting your report. Is that something you might consider doing, do you think? As woodbine has said, you could point out to them that not getting the report is actually contributing to the anxiety you're feeling. 

Also, how are you getting on in general in terms of your anxiety? Do you receive any support for that, from your GP or from anybody else? Just to say that the MIND website has some good self-care tips on managing anxiety if that is an issue for you. 

Anyway, really good to have you with us. Just give us a shout if we can be of any more help. :)
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.