If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Loss of a friend

Options
woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 12,130 Disability Gamechanger
Sadly this morning we learnt that a neighbour and close friend passed away during the night.
It was a shock as the illness was quite recent and he had kept the bad news between him and his partner.
 :'( 

2024 Election won

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,984 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear that @woodbine, it’s sad losing a friend.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,499 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm very sorry for your loss @woodbine. That must have been a shock. Are you and senior management doing okay? How is their partner coping? 

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That’s very sad @woodbine, I’m sorry to hear that.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Options
    My sincere condolences @woodbine

Always a shock, no matter the circumstances. Hope that you're all doing OK, despite everything. 

Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • woodbine
    Options
    I'm very sorry for your loss @woodbine. That must have been a shock. Are you and senior management doing okay? How is their partner coping? 
    We are just feeling numb right now, his partner has gone to stay with his family for a few days. Thanks everybody x

2024 Election won

• Tori_Scope
    Options
    Of course @woodbine, it can often take a while to sink in can't it. I'm glad his partner isn't alone. Remember we're all here for you :) 

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,188 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm so sorry to read your news @woodbine - it must have been a shock. You & senior management are in my thoughts.
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,304 Pioneering
    Options
    I’m so sorry to hear that @woodbine  that’s such news 
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,304 Pioneering
    Options
    That’s such sad news ment to say xx
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear the sad news seems to be a theme 

My soon to be ex husband had a major heart attack on Monday at age of 49 he survived after having stent fitted . He may be my ex but he is tobys dad and all in shock 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear your sad news ?
  • woodbine
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    Sorry to hear the sad news seems to be a theme 

My soon to be ex husband had a major heart attack on Monday at age of 49 he survived after having stent fitted . He may be my ex but he is tobys dad and all in shock 
    @j@janer1967 sorry to hear that, 49 is no age for a major heart attack.

2024 Election won

• Tori_Scope
    Options
    I'm also sorry to hear that @janer1967, it certainly is young. I hope you and Toby are doing alright.

• janer1967
    Options
    @Tori_Scope yes thanks we are doing OK toby obviously wants to see his dad but he can't as yet due to visiting restrictions 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,188 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I hope Toby's dad makes a good recovery @janer1967
  • janer1967
    Options
    Thanks @chiarieds fingers crossed 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,734 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @woodbine I'm really sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.  It sounds like quite a shock and I hope you and senior management are doing ok  <3

Also @janer1967 blimey that is so young to have a heart attack.  I can understand it being upsetting, especially as you have a son together.  Is Toby coping okay with it?  Fingers crossed for a quick and smooth recovery for his dad.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Pixie51
    Pixie51 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    Options
    I am so sorry @woodbine. A loss is always a shock but when that loss is so unexpected it hits so hard. Having lost someone very dear suddenly in an accident I remember well that complete disbelief. Go gently on yourself, and give yourself time to grieve them. Too much emphasis is put on moving forward when to start with a time is needed to grieve. Take care

Pix
    Yoga heals the soul ??
  • Pixie51
    Pixie51 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    Options
    And @janer1967 wishing Toby's Dad all the very best in his recovery

Pix
    Yoga heals the soul ??
  • janer1967
    Options
    @Cher_Scope thanks toby is coping well he just takes things like this with a pinch if salt , he is concerned obviously and desperate to see his dad but he knows he can't due to visiting restrictions 

His dad won't be able to drive for 6 weeks either to be will  able to pick him up but I've told him I will pay for a taxi for him to go see him once he home and rested 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.