ESA has stopped due to unsuccessful PIP application? Is this allowed? — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

ESA has stopped due to unsuccessful PIP application? Is this allowed?

System
System Posts: 590

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: Esa non payment..

Comments

• xxjessexx
    xxjessexx Member Posts: 23 Connected
    Hi my partner gets esa was surposed to get in on Friday but didn’t go in I did ring them said they will send it straight away but still didn’t go in so I know how you feel it’s such a worry because now I’ve got to ring on Monday and hopefully this gets sorted out 
  • xxjessexx
    Hi guys I wanted to give you all a update about my partner esa claim so we found out that because my partner started a new claim for pip but never got rewarded it they stopped his esa claim which is so wrong that they can just do that I’ve got to wait 24 hours for a call back so they can look into it but might have a fight on my hands here. 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Member Posts: 2,983 Disability Gamechanger
    That doesn't make any sense. They can't just stop the ESA claim based on a PIP decision. Are you sure you have understood the situation correctly?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • xxjessexx
    Yes that’s what the women said because his pip claim as not been awarded they have stopped his esa think their trying to put him into jsa because the 130 pounds every 2 weeks they gave him said jsa on it they besicslly been lying to me because I rang them a month ago about why hasn’t he been paid they said we will pay you on your next payment the money we owe you on Friday he got 130 pounds and he said jsa so rang them today and they said because he never got rewarded pip I told them that mental health team told him to apply for pip and I told them what his medication he was on and everything and they said they going to look into it and ring me back in 24 hours  
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Posts: 5,974

Scope community team

Hi @xxjessexx :) I've split your comments from the other thread into a new discussion, as I think your questions warrant their own thread.

This does seem very strange, and a little confusing. I've marked your post as 'unanswered' for now, so that we can get back to you. Please also let us know how the phone conversation goes tomorrow!
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Member Posts: 7,445 Disability Gamechanger
    Nothing especially difficult or mysterious here. What they’re saying is that a PIP claim was made in which the information was presented in such a way that it not only led them to conclude there was no PIP entitlement but also suggested the level of impairment had been over-stated or under-evidenced (take your pick). Consequently they will have suspended ESA entitlement pending an ESA investigation. 

At this point in time you now need professional advice. 
  • xxjessexx
    The mental health nurse came out yesterday to give my partner his medication I did tell her and she told me to wait for the phone call today to see what they say so just a waiting game now i will keep you all updated 
  • xxjessexx
    Can I just add that the medication he’s on Risperidone the mental health team when they did his forms told them what it was used for and when we got the letter back the assessor put that his medication his used for  mild depression which is not true it’s used for  schizophrenia so when I told the mental health team they was very shocked that they didn’t do basic research on what his medication is used for 
  • mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Member Posts: 7,445 Disability Gamechanger
    DWP don’t need to research anything. Your making the claim. Legally the onus is on you to prove entitlement and get a level of detail into the PIP 2 that makes the claim irrefutable. That doesn’t appear to have happened here.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.

Online employment support

Support to Work is an online and telephone support programme for disabled people who are looking for work.