Audio book recommendations — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Audio book recommendations

22Putney
22Putney Community member Posts: 27 Connected
edited May 2021 in Coffee lounge
Any  recommendations on Audio books, (latest title's)  or hidden gems, not to keen on the mills and boon, just good stories. Thanks.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,609 Disability Gamechanger
    My dad used to get his from the RNIB get one delivered read it return it and chose another.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• 22Putney
    22Putney Community member Posts: 27 Connected
    Thank you done! I did explain I am disabled not sight impaired, they said no worries, we cater for disabled, the risks play on a MP3 disk player great, I have found a few good ones on YouTube as well, is it me or telly getting a bit off lately, me I expect...Thank you again...
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    edited May 2021
    Hi @22Putney :)

Do you ever listen to BBC Sounds? They have an Audio Books section on there, which I find quite handy. There's enough of a selection to choose from, including a few classics and some fairly new releases. But also, it's limited enough that I'm not too spoilt for choice and have difficulty deciding what to listen to next. 

Plenty of really great podcasts to listen to as well. Better than some of the current offerings on telly, like you say.

Hope that's helpful!

Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • sazmcdaz
    sazmcdaz Community member Posts: 1 Connected
    Kristin Hannah ‘The Great Alone’ is amazing and I got it from my local library app so it was free! 
  • Sofia_goncalves
    Sofia_goncalves Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    my favouriute audiobooks are circe by madeline miller (which you can listen to on youtube here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3pr4xS2Uw8)
    and the collection of the first three books in the hunger games series narrated by tatianna maslany 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.