Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Are covid tests mandatory if your gp tells you to get one
Hi, I had a sore throat and lost my voice and as I have copd I started coughing up yellow sputum, gp prescribed antibiotics and steroids but said get a covid tests because of my symptoms, I had no covid symptoms except the cough which I always have due to my copd, I've not been out except for my vaccines since February last year and have no intention of going out anytime soon, I sent for the lateral flow tests to be delivered but due to my mental health I'm afraid of catching covid from the test, I have a germ phobia, and after watching a video of how to do them I don't think I could manage as my hands shake so badly, does anyone know if it's law that you have to use them now they are here, I'm so afraid, can I just carry on not going out as I have been and not use the tests
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 620 Work and employment
- 517 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 907 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 690 Autism and neurodiversity
- 822 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.