Mobile phones - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mobile phones

Options
2»

Comments

• Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 574 Pioneering
    Options
    chiarieds said:
    Hi @Leigh14 - more info here: https://www.giffgaffed.com/  I have the lowest value 'goodybag' as they call them (£6 a month as mentioned). Every month you get a breakdown of your usage & recommendations, tho I've always been fine on this goodybag. Might be worth looking into as they use O2 as well.

Thankyou for this. Definitely worth looking into.?
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh ok but you get that anywhere they are popular in wales and its one of the better signals here people make their own choice 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Also EE  has been voted one of the top phone providers 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have been with ee for years and never had any issues with Cs or my contracts always been so helpful and even in the store . They help me transfer my stuff from one phone to another and set up new phone 

There are good and bad with all providers it's down to personal experience 
  • fluffycat
    fluffycat Community member Posts: 237 Pioneering
    Options
    Plusnet sim only £6 monthly (4GB data / unlimited calls & texts) 30 day contract (use mid-range smart phone)

o2 PAYG 321 plan (3p min 2p Text 1p data) old sim on basic phone. 
  • lou87
    lou87 Community member Posts: 48 Connected
    Options
    fluffycat said:
    Plusnet sim only £6 monthly (4GB data / unlimited calls & texts) 30 day contract (use mid-range smart phone)

o2 PAYG 321 plan (3p min 2p Text 1p data) old sim on basic phone. 
    That's a good deal i think this is what i pay for my sons on giffgaff or it might be £8
    ?
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    Options
    I've been with Virgin for some time now and for £6 per month. I get Phone and free texts, free calls to Virgin numbers, cheap calls and I can upgrade yearly at no extra cost. Not sure how much data, I hardly ever use it. I prefer my computer with the big screen. 
    Things may change though. I hear they have merged with 02, or taken them over?
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    Options
    I’ve got no landline only mobile phone, I’ve been with Three for years paying £8 a month for 8GB data and unlimited mins and texts, plus we have Three WiFi £18 a month unlimited. But you can  get unlimited everything on a sim only plan and use the phone as a hotspot for WiFi but would be no good when I go out as no WiFi for the better half at home.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.