writing an letter of appeal to pip help - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

writing an letter of appeal to pip help

2»

Comments

• mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Member Posts: 8,294 Disability Gamechanger
    Never known anyone have to prove it tbh. It’s like people constantly saying “but how do I prove to them I’m not a liar and I am disabled?” It’s a complete misreading of what the decision is saying. 

I’ve known meds be queried if someone writes the wrong figure down but equally I’ve had scripts queried for misprints when amounts appear on the high side. It’s as long as it’s short.
  • Ali_lovesTheUK
    Ali_lovesTheUK Member Posts: 15 Listener
    Hi all 
    Just wanted to give you an updated . I have tried to get in contact with PIP by to ask them to look at my claim again , I know this might not be the best options but Time is running short and that I want to get this sorted out and also I find writing letters to people like DWP./PIP very difficult indeed . As I have said I have been in contact  PIP by phone . and wasted 40 minutes getting no where like I have said I know this is not the best option but my deadline is fast closing in and I want to get this sorted out asap. Does any one know if I can appeal by phone ????
    Mental Health Matters. 
  • mikehughescq
    edited June 2021
    You are not doing an appeal as I understand it. You’re at the MR stage. Can you start that by phone? Yes, absolutely. Is that wise? Not especially. 

Keep the written application simple. You’ve no need to write a letter or an essay. Just use the MR form on gov.uk. 
  • Ali_lovesTheUK
    Ali_lovesTheUK Member Posts: 15 Listener
    Hi all 
    I been trying to get documentation from my local GP surgery but they have said I need to book a telephone appointment with the doctor in order to get the require documents , this  it what I was told last week , since then all this week I have tried to get a telephone appointment with the doctors and everytime I phone them they keep saying " sorry we fully booked" how can I get the documents to proof my mental illness to PIP when my doctor surgery doesn't want to help me and I keep getting shut out my local GP surgery . what do I do in this situation apart from sending PIP a letter ????
    Mental Health Matters. 
  • mikehughescq
    Send PIP a letter. You don’t need anything for an MR.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.