What benefits could I claim if I lived at a friend's house that they own? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What benefits could I claim if I lived at a friend's house that they own?

Options
LittleKitten
LittleKitten Community member Posts: 47 Connected
edited September 2021 in Benefits and financial support
This is mostly hypothetical at the moment, but I wanted to know what benefits I would be able to claim if I moved into a friend's house that they own; I don't know what other benefits I might be getting at this point, so a clear explanation of the different possibilities would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Comments

• realestate
    realestate Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    Benefits for moving into your friend's house? I don't know what do you mean by this? Can you just please explain if you don't mind.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Regardless of where you are living if you are single your benefit entitlement is unchanged.
    Are you claiming benefits at the moment?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,230 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    Options
    A previous thread by the OP says they were/are claiming UC, although this was a year ago. As they didn't have enough NI contributions for a NsESA claim at the time then it's unlikely they will now. Thread here. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/74009/benefits-and-savings#latest

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    Options
    poppy123456 said:..As they didn't have enough NI contributions for a NsESA claim at the time then it's likely they will now. 
    Unlikely (?)
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    My calcotti said:
    poppy123456 said:..As they didn't have enough NI contributions for a NsESA claim at the time then it's likely they will now. 
    Unlikely (?)
    Yes, nice typo, thanks Calcotti. Edited it now. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,619 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    realestate has dragged up another old thread guys, check the date of the OP.
  • poppy123456
    Options

Yes, i had noticed this on quite a few threads this morning.
  • calcotti
    Options
    I overlooked that it was an old thread!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.