Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

I'm in the LCW group but my condition has deteriorated, how do I get reassessed?

SystemSystem Posts: 543

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: Worried I'll be found fit for work.

Replies

• skhan95skhan95 Member Posts: 45 Listener
    Hello i hope everyone is doing good :) actually I want to know I was getting LWC and then my circumstances changed then I have made joint claim(my partner is  not eligible to benefits ) which is ok but they will still give me LCW or they can give LCWRA because my health condition has become more bad 
    Sorry for English if no one understands:-(
  • calcotticalcotti Member Posts: 2,132 Pioneering
    skhan95 said:
    Hello i hope everyone is doing good :) actually I want to know I was getting LWC and then my circumstances changed then I have made joint claim(my partner is  not eligible to benefits ) which is ok but they will still give me LCW or they can give LCWRA because my health condition has become more bad 
    Sorry for English if no one understands:-(
    If you have already been found to have LCW and want to be reassessed because the way your health affects you has changed you need to report this through your UC journal and ask to be reassessed.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
    I have reported because my partner has moved with me as well so I have made a new claim previous they have closed because I was abroad 
    When I came back they said need to apply again I did few months ago and asked my partner to move in with me because I was really struggling 
    Now they sent me Uc50 I have filled in and sent them back 
    Before applying for joint claim I use to receive LCW 
    Now it will be the same or can be change ? Kind regards 
  • calcotticalcotti Member Posts: 2,132 Pioneering
    skhan95 said:Before applying for joint claim I use to receive LCW 
    Now it will be the same or can be change ? Kind regards 
    It will depend on the outcome of the new assessment.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Posts: 3,950

Scope community team

@skhan95 Hello there,

I'm sorry to hear your condition has worsened and I hope @calcotti 's response has helped clarify your question.  We couldn't predict whether you would be placed in the LCWRA group unfortunately, as this would be determined through the assessment.  

We do wish you luck though, so please keep us updated with how you get on and let us know if we can ever be of help.

Just to advise - I've also split your question, and the replies received, into a new thread so this space can be dedicated to your query :)

Take care and have a lovely weekend.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
Sign in or join us to comment.