Welcomes and introductions
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Hi, my name is corrie59!

corrie59corrie59 Member Posts: 5 Listener
Subdeltoid burtis caused by incorrect administration of the covid vaccine. Fact still suffering!

Replies

• corrie59corrie59 Member Posts: 5 Listener
    Subdeltoid burtis caused by incorrect administration of the covid vaccine. Fact still suffering!
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 4,114

Scope community team

edited June 29
    Hi @corrie59

Welcome to the community, sorry to hear you are experiencing this after having had the vaccine, is your GP aware of it? 

It's worth noting that this can occur after any vaccine and isn't something exclusive to the Covid one, it's due to poor vaccine administration. You might find this other thread on the community helpful.
    Online Community Coordinator

Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.
    Yes GP aware, awaiting steroids since 5 feb. Incapable of doing anything, having to pay for private consultation as pain is excruciating with no respite.

Scope community team

I'm sorry to hear that @corrie59

Do you have any idea when you will get the steroids?

Been advised by physio team to ring weekly for a cancellation.

Scope community team

I see @corrie59, well I hope you get them soon and things improve for you.

• chiariedschiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 9,128 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @corrie59 - & welcome to the community. I'm sorry to read you have suffered following incorrect administration of the vaccine. I don't know if you've had a look at the link to posts about this that Ross has given. If not, you might find the following helpful that I posted there.
    'By way of explanation I'm a (long retired) physio. This is an exercise I found effective in patients with a frozen shoulder, i.e. with limited movement & pain. I also used it following damage to my own shoulder, & when twice I had a partially frozen shoulder.Try this as a first gentle exercise. Stand & put the foot of your unaffected side slightly forwards so you have a comfortable base. Lean forwards, letting your affected arm hang. Now swing your arm backwards & forwards within your pain-free arc. Do this gently for a couple of minutes. Next try moving your hand in a comfortable circle first one way, then the other. Gravity thus helps aid movement, & you can increase the range as you progress, always moving your shoulder within your pain-free arc. Don't push through the pain as this just increases the pain cycle. Try this a little & often throughout your day.'
    Thanks but the bursa is inflamed and awaiting steroids to bathe or remove.. I am unable to move my arm or shoulder as the pain is excruciating. Thank you though, I will use the techniques  when the bursa is treated.
    thanks Luc x
Sign in or join us to comment.