PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Pip review. If I don't agree with the report, can I comment on it before decision has been made?

lillybellelillybelle Member Posts: 469 Pioneering
edited July 1 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi, previously had 3 yrs pip awarded for uncontrolled epilepsy. High mobility and standard care. Just had review and after 6 mths had telephone assessment. Nothing changed except now got low thyroid and medication causing an irregular heart beat.
  Today I’ve asked for a copy of report.
if I don’t agree with the report can I comment on it before an actual decision has been made?

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,201 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Yes you can just write in and hopefully they will take it into account before the decision is made 
  • lillybellelillybelle Member Posts: 469 Pioneering
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,628 Disability Gamechanger
    You can but you need to limit yourself to absolutely irrefutable errors i.e if you go down the "I said this but they recorded this" then it's going nowhere fast but if you focus on things like "I am totally blind but they say I made good eye contact" then you can damage the credibility of the report. However, doing so does not necessarily get you PIP. 
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,512 Disability Gamechanger
    My advice is don't jump the gun, you haven't seen a copy of the report yet and when you do that isn't the final decision.
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • lillybellelillybelle Member Posts: 469 Pioneering
    Thankyou all for your advice
    fingers crossed it’s good news
Sign in or join us to comment.