PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Said my PIP form had been delivered but i got a letter on 3rd june reminding me to send form back?

SystemSystem Posts: 546

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: PIP forms filled in sent back 17/7. DWP says not received..

Replies

• roots45roots45 Member Posts: 6 Connected
    i had the same problems sent my pip forms in . said that they had been signed for and delivered . but i recieved letter 0n 3rd june. reminding me to send form back before the dead line which is 8th june .  according to royal mail it was signed for and delivered on 30th june.  cant in touch with them till monday 5th june. .

• calcotticalcotti Member Posts: 2,217 Pioneering
    roots45 said:
    i had the same problems sent my pip forms in . said that they had been signed for and delivered . but i recieved letter 0n 3rd june. reminding me to send form back before the dead line which is 8th june .  according to royal mail it was signed for and delivered on 30th june.  cant in touch with them till monday 5th june. .
    I think you have muddled dates on your post. Have you just received letter on 3rd July, with deadline 8th July? If so letters will have crossed in the post. If you ring them and tell them it's been sent ask them to extend the return date to allow for processing their end, can take quite a while between being received at mail handling centre and appearing on the computer system.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
    it was reminder i recieved on 3rd july . to send the forms back  in . i sent them back by post on 29/.6/2021.  . they were signed for on 30/6/2021 . they saying they have not recieved them . how is that even possible.

• calcotticalcotti Member Posts: 2,217 Pioneering
    roots45 said:
    it was reminder i recieved on 3rd july . to send the forms back  in . i sent them back by post on 29/.6/2021.  . they were signed for on 30/6/2021 . they saying they have not recieved them . how is that even possible.
    When they are signed for it is just a mail sorting office. Only after they have been scanned and uploaded to the computer are they recorded as received. 
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • SkirtySkirty Member Posts: 3 Listener
    This has happened to myself and 3 other peooke i know this week. I spoke to them and they said they had a backlog of mail to be scanned and were behind 4 weeks. Letter to state PIP being stopped recieved by all 4 of us. 
  • hughiemachrinshughiemachrins Member Posts: 37 Connected
    I wonder if the fact that some areas (including mine) are using online forms is part of the problem? The fact that online forms arrive immediately at the right desk may mean that they are being dealt with quicker than the posted forms thus leading to longer delays.
  • Emilyb81Emilyb81 Member Posts: 451 Pioneering
    Hi I just wanted to say I twice sent letters in in the last 2 months and both times it took 3 weeks from me posting to them arriving in the right department? So it can take several weeks to get there because of all the backlog internal mail? So it probably is just an automated letter because try haven't got to them yet! 👍
  • Emilyb81Emilyb81 Member Posts: 451 Pioneering
    And I've also been told sending letters to DWP signed for isn't always helpful because as has happened here the person signs for it to say it's there but in actual fact it's got weeks til it will arrive with the person you sent it to (if it doesn't get lost in between?) and you pay extra for it? :disappointed: I don't think there's any way to make sure they receive mail any quicker unfortunately.....
Sign in or join us to comment.