PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

I had a PIP reassessment after a change in circumstances, can anyone offer advice?

SystemSystem Posts: 545

Scope community team

Replies

• Joolz2107Joolz2107 Member Posts: 9 Listener
    Even tho I don’t look physically disabled, I am mentally disabled-I have a blue badge but feel people look at me and judge me when I use it which shouldn’t be the case-I don’t make the rules up! Just a wee rant about that SORRY,,, I had my PIP telephone assessment on Monday which lasted 1hr and 45 mins-it was AWFUL 😢, I felt ill afterwards, the assessor made me feel like I was lying, anyway I got a txt from DWP yesterday to say they had received my report, so less than 24hours, is this a good thing or a bad thing? I am already receiving PIP at the lower rate of both but I had a change in circumstances as I have less help than before and more pain etc! I’m not looking for my award to be changed to higher rate, was only telling them about change in circumstances and I wish I hadn’t done that at all because the assessment was so gruelling! If my pip is already awarded until 2022 can the stop the payments after a 2nd assessment? My first f2f assessment wasn’t as bad-got 0 points, but got awarded low rate for both after a mandatory consideration. Thanks in advance for any replies to this.
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,200 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

The assessor usually return the report either Sam day or within few days so that is nothing to worry about 

It is always advisable to get expert advice before reporting a change in circumstances 

You should only do so if your condition has significantly changed and it could result in a different award

It's also not about the care you get but the care you need

Once a new decision is made then the old award will stop and the new award will start 

So if it is a reduced award then yes your payments will change or if no award will stop 
  • Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Posts: 4,038

Scope community team

edited July 14
    Hello @Joolz2107

Just to let you know (and not bamboozle you!), I made your comment into it's own thread so it would better attract attention.

I'm sorry the PIP assessment took an emotional toll and if the decision doesn't go your way then please do let us know so we can help if you decide to pursue a mandatory reconsideration. 

Take care and if you have any other questions you only have to give us a shout.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
Sign in or join us to comment.