Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

why if you pass your pip assessment you still have to do the ESA this so confusing

Replies

• Mandy58Mandy58 Member Posts: 51 Courageous
    edited July 22
    I got a pip review form2021 which I was to return by the 25th June i return it on the 19th  June they have received it on the 21th on the 5th of July which was a SundayI received a call saying  that they was from pip doing my assessment never take more than about 10_15 minutes the gentleman was very nice and polite after assessment he told me that I would get 10 years before my next review i was happy but I have the ESA still to worry about why if you pass your pip assessment you still have to do the ESA this so confusing to upsetting to me because I hate of to fill in these huge booklet that they call a form my last ESA assessment was August 2019 a day before my mum funeral i am dreading it why didn't they just do one assessment for both claims, has anyone have this problem you would thought because of covid 19 they would just come up with something new by just doing one assessment for both claims i am sick of these dreadful form's the thought of it alone let me wants to curls up and die i am so stressed out about it and I haven't even received this form as yet.
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,166 Disability Gamechanger
    @Mandy58

Unfortunately pip and wca assessment for esa are done separately as they are both different benefits with different criteria 

Though the de seem very similar assessment 

One looks at your ability to undertake any type of work and the other your functionality to complete daily living tasks 

There has been talks for sometime about combining them but nothing has been approved yet 

Good luck let us know how you get on 
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Posts: 5,006

Scope community team

Hi @Mandy58 :) 

I split off your comment on the other post as I thought it warranted its own post. 

I'm sorry to hear that you're stressed with it all. Do you have any specific questions or concerns about the ESA form, or is it more a case of feeling a bit overwhelmed at the thought of it?
    the thought of it alone let me wants to curls up and die
    I was a little concerned that you've been feeling this way. Do you receive any support for your mental health? Have you told anyone about how you've been feeling? 

Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,454 Disability Gamechanger
    There are plans to combine the two assessments, but there has been "plans" for some time.
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • Mandy58Mandy58 Member Posts: 51 Courageous
    edited July 26
    Yes I have told people but all they're saying stop worrying but no one understands how i am feeling except me because I have to be the one who sat down and try filling in it and hoping that i don't make any mistakes and etc and then my depression and anxiety started to kick's in if I ask anyone to help me they are always having something to do and they answer always saying just write down anything I wish it was that easy  that I could wrote anything
  • nannyplumnannyplum Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi all in new so sorry if I get anything wrong .. is there not a charity or group that helps ppl fill in forms line esa new form ? I need to do one for my son but the work based part is daunting 
  • calcotticalcotti Member Posts: 2,174 Pioneering
    nannyplum said:
    Hi all in new so sorry if I get anything wrong .. is there not a charity or group that helps ppl fill in forms line esa new form ? 
    Search for help here https://advicelocal.uk/
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
Sign in or join us to comment.