I had my assessment in June. I'm hoping I won't have to appeal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

I had my assessment in June. I'm hoping I won't have to appeal

System
System Posts: 761 Scope online community team
edited August 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
This discussion was created from comments split from: Why does it take so long to get a decision?.

Comments

• kiki2020
    kiki2020 Member Posts: 9 Listener
    I had my telephone assessment on 9th june by capita.  Dwp recieved report 4th August as it had gone  to audit and turned paper based.  I am awaiting decision however I am not sleeping and feel constantly sick . My anxiety aids me in calling them 5 times a day even though I know this will not speed the process . I went through hell with capita even having a safeguarding team called on me for an argument with an untrained customer advisor. I am praying I don't have to appeal. I could not take it again
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Posts: 9,682 Scope online community team
    Hi @kiki2020 :) I've made your comment on the other post into it's own post, as the other post was around a year old and I thought yours warranted its own thread. 

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling really anxious during the wait for a decision to be made. Many people find the wait anxiety provoking, so you're certainly not alone in feeling that way. Do you receive any support for your anxiety? 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to tell us how we're doing? Complete our feedback form now.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Member Posts: 6,390 Disability Gamechanger
    I know it may be difficult but please try not to ring them several times a day. It will not speed up your decision and may be preventing someone else getting through.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • kiki2020
    I had my decision made yesterday enhanced for both.  Based on mental health . They recieved report on the 4th made decision in 1 day and back pay is on way. I am so relieved as I have not slept 
  • kiki2020
    @Tori_Scope
    Yes I do thankyou . I recieve trauma counselling and am trying to work on it myself. Thankyou for your support 
  • kiki2020
    I will say the process with capita was difficult however the dwp decision maker has understood my needs well. I am very lucky to have had her make the decision and cannot thank her enough
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Posts: 9,682 Scope online community team
    Well done on your award @kiki2020 :) I hope you managed to get some sleep last night? 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to tell us how we're doing? Complete our feedback form now.
  • daisy1838
    daisy1838 Member Posts: 29 Connected
    I’m so happy you got this outcome! 

I hope you’ve started sleeping better! 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.