On my pip form I wrote I rarely leave the house but now need to get a job. Do I have to inform them?

Options
bobby123
bobby123 Community member Posts: 238 Empowering
edited August 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
On my pip form I wrote I rarely leave the house but now need to get a job.  Does this mean I have to inform the pip people.

I wrote I rarely leave the house but received zero points for this, I only got points for help taking medication etc.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,922 Championing
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

If you didn't score any points relating then it should be OK 

You can work and get pip as long as the work you do doesn't contradict the reason you claim pip 
  • bobby123
    bobby123 Community member Posts: 238 Empowering
    Options
    Making a decision in your head about what you think you need to do is not a relevant change of circumstances and thus does not need to be notified to DWP. 

Being unable to reliably leave the house can only relate to mobility in terms of points. Do you currently even have an award of the mobility component of PIP on the basis of planning and following routes?

If you do and your work search comes to something you should get advice from a professional before thinking about disclosing anything. Pretty much the dumbest thing you could now do would be to make a disclosure which may not be needed at all. So get advice. You can find advice local to you using https://advicelocal.uk
    I don't get mobility only standard daily.