Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Looking for a job working from home

Options
bobby123
bobby123 Community member Posts: 230 Pioneering
edited September 2021 in Work and employment
Wondering if anyone can help me, looking for a job working from home, due to me having bad Crohn's disease.
Any help welcome
Tagged:

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,507 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @bobby123 :) What kind of employment are you looking for (i.e. what industry, the type of work)? What kind of experience do you have? 

Some jobs that were previously being advertised as non-remote roles are now being advertised as remote, either fully or partially. Have you tried using job sites like Indeed to search for jobs? Many of these sites how have an option to filter in jobs that are remote.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • bobby123
    Options
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 12,004 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    i would just have one word of warning about working from home thats don't ever pay anybody who claims they can offer such work
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Tori_Scope
    Options
    That's true @woodbine, there are unfortunately some fake opportunities out there.

Do you feel comfortable having a look on some job sites @bobby123? I'd also like to point you towards our employment services, which many people find helpful when thinking about getting into work. 

• bobby123
    Options
    Ive never worked from home before, I have experience in quantity surveying
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    I'm sure that's given you some great experience for your CV @bobby123 :) Do you have any ideas on the area of work you'd like to get into? 

• bobby123
    Options
    I'm sure that's given you some great experience for your CV @bobby123 :) Do you have any ideas on the area of work you'd like to get into? 
    Anything as long as it's working from home, I don't mind taking a pay cut
  • bobby123
    Options
    Hi @bobby123 Could you perhaps work part time and still do your present job and do all your report writing at home. If you are working at the moment have you spoken to your employer about making some adjustments to help you. Although because of the pandemic people are working at home you would have to be trained in anything else you do which would mean going into an office. Most working at home jobs are quite poorly paid like data inputting or selling, not I am sure what you would be looking for. Good luck in what ever you decide. If you want to chat about jobs just drop me a line and  I will help if I can. 
    I hav left that job now and am currently unemployed, I don't mind taking a pay cut but the work has to be working from home as my Crohn's is really bad.
  • rs777
    rs777 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hi @bobby123 have tried remote work from home job boards? I have used this job search tool for the UK -> https://remoteuk.co.uk/ 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.