Looking for a job working from home — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Looking for a job working from home

bobby123
bobby123 Member Posts: 35 Connected
edited September 2021 in Work and employment
Wondering if anyone can help me, looking for a job working from home, due to me having bad Crohn's disease.
Any help welcome
Tagged:

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Posts: 8,733 Scope online community team
    Hi @bobby123 :) What kind of employment are you looking for (i.e. what industry, the type of work)? What kind of experience do you have? 

Some jobs that were previously being advertised as non-remote roles are now being advertised as remote, either fully or partially. Have you tried using job sites like Indeed to search for jobs? Many of these sites how have an option to filter in jobs that are remote.
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to tell us how we're doing? Complete our feedback form now.
  • bobby123
  • woodbine
    woodbine Member Posts: 7,471 Disability Gamechanger
    i would just have one word of warning about working from home thats don't ever pay anybody who claims they can offer such work
    Be extra nice to new members.
  • Tori_Scope
    That's true @woodbine, there are unfortunately some fake opportunities out there.

Do you feel comfortable having a look on some job sites @bobby123? I'd also like to point you towards our employment services, which many people find helpful when thinking about getting into work. 

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

• Teddybear12
    Teddybear12 Member Posts: 6,690 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you ever done working from home before or is this something you are looking into? What experience do you have ?
  • bobby123
    Ive never worked from home before, I have experience in quantity surveying
  • Tori_Scope
    I'm sure that's given you some great experience for your CV @bobby123 :) Do you have any ideas on the area of work you'd like to get into? 

• Teddybear12
    Teddybear12 Member Posts: 6,690 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    Hi @bobby123 Could you perhaps work part time and still do your present job and do all your report writing at home. If you are working at the moment have you spoken to your employer about making some adjustments to help you. Although because of the pandemic people are working at home you would have to be trained in anything else you do which would mean going into an office. Most working at home jobs are quite poorly paid like data inputting or selling, not I am sure what you would be looking for. Good luck in what ever you decide. If you want to chat about jobs just drop me a line and  I will help if I can. 
  • bobby123
    I'm sure that's given you some great experience for your CV @bobby123 :) Do you have any ideas on the area of work you'd like to get into? 
    Anything as long as it's working from home, I don't mind taking a pay cut
  • bobby123
    Hi @bobby123 Could you perhaps work part time and still do your present job and do all your report writing at home. If you are working at the moment have you spoken to your employer about making some adjustments to help you. Although because of the pandemic people are working at home you would have to be trained in anything else you do which would mean going into an office. Most working at home jobs are quite poorly paid like data inputting or selling, not I am sure what you would be looking for. Good luck in what ever you decide. If you want to chat about jobs just drop me a line and  I will help if I can. 
    I hav left that job now and am currently unemployed, I don't mind taking a pay cut but the work has to be working from home as my Crohn's is really bad.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.