Your first telephone number. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Your first telephone number.

Options
woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,658 Disability Gamechanger
There are many things I don't remember but I do recall the first telephone number for the phone that was installed when I was 7 years old in 1966.

Do you recall your first ever phone number?
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I do recall my first number, and it is still my number :D 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Can never remember phone numbers but do indeed remember our first phone in the early seventies, it was a trim phone which seemed very futuristic at the time   :D
    And our number was 64674
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
     No I don’t but i remember Whitehall 1212, which I’m sure was Scotland Yard and often repeated on Tv.

i do remember mums coop number though from circa 1963, probably because I’d tag along to the front door when the milkman was paid. We used to have a lot of trades people calling too and grocers etc but we weren’t ever so posh. Memories. ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes I remember my first number in the family home 

I also remember my current mobile number 

The only other number I can remember is my mums 

With mobiles you don't enter numbers so don't remember numbers but it does concern me if I lost my phone I wouldn't remember numbers 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,658 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    Options
    We had all sorts of stuff delivered in the 60's milkman, coalman, pop man, a guy who sold all sorts of cleaning stuff, a massive wagon on a Sunday morning that sold green grocery, the pru man who collected every week, i'm sure i've missed a few.
    And our first number ended 3628 and it was a "party line" which could be interesting.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I’m quite good with current numbers, I know my number, several family members, my debit and credit card numbers, expiry dates, PIN numbers all from memory. 

Can’t often recall numbers though I don’t need to remember. 
  • idontlikeliving
    idontlikeliving Community member Posts: 119 Courageous
    Options
    I remember the house telephone number from my childhood. And my dad mobile number. But yet I can’t remember what I ate yesterday lol 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,623 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My Mum still has our first landline number.  She kept it when moving house so I guess that's kind of cheating! 

I also still have the same mobile number that I've had since 2003!

The number I always remember is 4291...I'm sure some of you will know who's number that was!  :)
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,560 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Unfortunately not I remember our home phone number though 
  • rebel11
    rebel11 Community member Posts: 1,653 Pioneering
    Options
    Only the number for the speaking clock, 123, 'at the third stroke, the time will be 4.25pm, precisely', she was very posh and I wanted to marry her. Alas TIME ran out.  
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,648 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've had same mobile and landlines for about 30 years
    Can remember parents number and mother in laws. 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I’m good with numbers. I can remember my first telephone and mobile too, only had 2 mobile numbers so not too difficult.
  • rebel11
    rebel11 Community member Posts: 1,653 Pioneering
    Options
    leeCal said:
     No I don’t but i remember Whitehall 1212, which I’m sure was Scotland Yard and often repeated on Tv.

i do remember mums coop number though from circa 1963, probably because I’d tag along to the front door when the milkman was paid. We used to have a lot of trades people calling too and grocers etc but we weren’t ever so posh. Memories. ?
    Greenshield stamps, you get stamps when you buy things, take your filled in book as part payment, to buy things.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.