will i automatically be found to have LCWRA because i had it on my last claim? — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

will i automatically be found to have LCWRA because i had it on my last claim?

System
System Posts: 593

Scope community team

Comments

• davidroberts
    davidroberts Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi

I had been receiving UC and was down as LCWRA until there was a two-day break in my claim and i had to make a new claim on 2nd July 2021. I was waiting ages on a doctor appointment and therefore couldn’t get a fit note submitted until 5th September, although the doctor Backdated the fit note till the 13th July. I just had the questionnaire for WCA sent out today so i will have to fill it out and send it back. So the two questions i have are; firstly, will i automatically be found to have LCWRA because i had it on my last claim and there was just a two-day break in the claim and secondly, will it be backdated to the 13th July to when the doctor backdated my fit note, or just from the 5th Sept from when I submitted the fit note?

thanks in advance 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 23,840 Disability Gamechanger
    @davidroberts why was there a break in your claim and why did you have to make a new claim? 
  • davidroberts
    Poppy, it was because I was supposed to be moving from NI to the south of Ireland, and when i told DWP , they closed my claim. However, there was a change of plans and i stayed in NI so I had to start a new claim again... i was hopeful that my previous claim could just restart again, but no i had to make a fresh claim...
  • calcotti
    calcotti Member Posts: 3,039 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 15
    ..will i automatically be found to have LCWRA because i had it on my last claim and there was just a two-day break in the claim and secondly, will it be backdated to the 13th July to when the doctor backdated my fit note, or just from the 5th Sept from when I submitted the fit note?
    There is no concept of linked claims for UC. You are starting over with a completely new assessment and will also have to serve the three month waiting period before any LCWRA can be included even I feel awarded. That three month period is likely to start from September.

Moderators - could you move post from David Roberts and the replies to a new thread. It’s not very visible tacked on the end of an old thread.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • davidroberts
    Thanks Calcotti, appreciated

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.