Will I get any backpay? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Will I get any backpay?

System
System Posts: 644

Scope community team

Comments

• charlienoname
    charlienoname Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hello can anyone help me. I have have been handing in sick notes since 14th June, I was awarded LCWRA on the 8 Sep. I got a message on my journal saying I will realise my 1st payment on 18th nov (18th being my uc payment day) my question is will I get any back pay? Xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 25,627 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello can anyone help me. I have have been handing in sick notes since 14th June, I was awarded LCWRA on the 8 Sep. I got a message on my journal saying I will realise my 1st payment on 18th nov (18th being my uc payment day) my question is will I get any back pay? Xx

There's a 3 full month assessment period waiting time and the extra money is then paid on the 4th month of your claim. I note that your assessment periods are from 12th-11 of the month. If you reported your health condition on the same date you sent the fit note then your first payment will be November 18th. You're not owed any backdated money.
  • charlienoname
    charlienoname Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Oh so I don’t get back paid from the day showed my fit note? As that’s more than 3 months xx 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 25,627 Disability Gamechanger
    Oh so I don’t get back paid from the day showed my fit note? As that’s more than 3 months xx 

No, because there's a 3 full month assessment period waiting time. If you reported your health condition on the same date you sent the fit note then that is not at the start of your assessment period which is 12th - 11th of each month. This means that AP 12th June -11th July doesn't count. Your 3 months waiting is as follows.
    12th July - 11th August .. 1 month
    12th August - 11 September ...2 months
    12 september to 11th October ...3 months...
    LCWRA starts from 12th October - 11th November, with payment on 18th November. Therefore no backdated money is owed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.