This probably makes no sense but I needed to get it out ? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

This probably makes no sense but I needed to get it out ?

Franki3ann3
Franki3ann3 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have multiple mental  and physical health conditions and was under various medical teams for about 5/6 things... unfortunately after a move of home back in 2015 I kind of shut down and ostriches.. it's now been around 5+ years since contact was lost with them all but none of my issues are even remotely controlled.. they're all worse than ever and my diagnosis list (along with prescription) keeps getting bigger
I'm trying to get everything sorted but am constantly hitting brick walls.. supposed support workers causing me panic and losing my benefits and mobility car last year because she had no idea of my situation etc . Hit a low low point so
I called adult social services for help and told them I was on the verge of self harming after 10 plus years clean and was basically told that i had to go it alone.. I just don't know where to go, how to get the professionals I need. My health problems started when I was 9years old
. I'm 32 now and I feel so completely and utterly alone. I can't handle the contast battles between my body and my mind just to wake up each morning. I AM NOT STRONG ENOUGH.
:# The only reason I have continued to fight is because of my daughter and partner! I'd be done otherwise!
☆ Franki3Ann3 ☆

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger

Hi @Franki3ann3

I am sorry to hear of how you have been for the past few years, you really seem to be struggling at the minute with your mental health and I'm glad that you have spoken out about it on the community. 

You mentioned your diagnosis list and proscriptions getting bigger, can I ask if that is in relation to your mental health? Are you in regular contact with your GP or other health professional about how you feel? If you feel as though it's becoming harder to cope, you could consider speaking with them to see if they can do anything else to support you. Mind also have a useful page here that advises on how you can cope.

You seem to be quite unhappy with how your support worker handled your situation last year, what happened? Have you taken any steps towards re-gaining your benefits? If you would like some professional advice about it you could consider contacting your nearest Welfare Rights to see if they can help you.

It concerns me to read that you have considered harming yourself, and that you weren't able to get the support from adult social services. If you want to speak with somebody, you can contact Samaritans any time on 116 123 or access the Shout service by texting "Shout" to 85258. However of course if you ever feel as though you are in immediate danger and can't keep yourself safe, you should contact 999 right away. 

What level of involvement do you have, or have you had, with adult social services? You spoke of having a support worker and that they haven't been able to help you when you called them recently, but do you have any kind of support package inp lace through your local authority? Do you have access to the Crisis team or local mental health support team? If you wanted, we could refer you for a social care needs assessment to see how your local authority could support you.

It can often feel like a lonely place when you are struggling and can't access the help you need, however speaking out about how you feel and what you are going through can be a fantastic way of taking steps towards getting that help, so it's good that you have disclosed these details. Is your partner aware of how you feel at the minute? 

If there's anything else we can do for you, don't hesitate to ask. For example, if you'd like us to help you with looking for some local support then we'd be happy to do that.

We’ve given you this information because we’re following Scope’s safeguarding policy."
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.