Covid vaccination injuries — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Covid vaccination injuries

Anybody had reaction/ injury to AstraZeneca vaccination? 

Comments

• mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Member Posts: 7,521 Disability Gamechanger
    See previous threads. Use the search function. 
  • clairescott
    clairescott Member Posts: 5 Listener
    I've tried using the search,  but I cant seem to bring it up . I'm a mere novice.  
    I will give it another go

• woodbine
    woodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 5,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Like most forums scope encourages us to be nice to new members so @clairescott hi and welcome to scope, in answer to you question I don't personally know anybody who has had a problem with the AZ jab, have you?
    I am a person with epilepsy not an epileptic, my illness doesn't define me.
  • clairescott
    Yes, very much so . 
     I have just posted it on here
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Member Posts: 1,813 Pioneering
    I myself and a few others I know felt unwell for 24-48 hours after, but nothing too bad. 

I’m sorry to hear if you have suffered. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 23,858 Disability Gamechanger
    Myself and my daughter are both fully vaccinated with this vaccine. We did feel a little under the weather in the first 24 hours after the first one. No side effects from the 2nd one. 
    Have you reported your problems through the yellow card system? If not the you can do that here.
  • clairescott
    Hi , yes I've reported it through the yellow card system. 
     I've had xray physio.  The doctor has prescribed tramadol and naproxen.  . Also had an MRI scan today. 
    Pain is just debilitating 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 23,858 Disability Gamechanger
    Have a read of this.. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6347325/ there are other threads on here related to SIRVA if you can find them.

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 10,587 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 11
    I can only hope that we're all in agreement that this, as with any vaccination, can be a result of misadminstration of a vaccine, & not due to the vaccine itself in a few, & therefore regardless of whichever vaccine has been given for Covid-19.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 10,587 Disability Gamechanger
    Just to add, hoping it may be helpful, I treated rather a lot of 'frozen shoulders' as a physio student, & SIRVA seems so like this. Indeed reading further on the little medical info on this, this seems likely. Now I don't know what physio you've had, & you might have been given these exercises to do, in which case I apologise. My Mum had a frozen shoulder, which recovered faster than expected (tho of course I can't prove it was due to the following exercises), & I had 2 episodes of what I'd describe as a partially frozen shoulder (tho there again, perhaps I recovered more quickly due to trying this). I can say how incredibly painful this was, & there's no quick fix; it does take time. I can say that trying this exercise may help, & certainly won't harm, so I'll repeat my comments from the post above:

'I'm a long-retired physiotherapist, & have been recommending for people to try at home this gentle exercise, which may tide you over until you (hopefully) get appropriate treatment, which may well include physio:
    Stand & put the foot of your unaffected side slightly forwards so you have a comfortable base. Lean forwards, letting your affected arm hang. Now swing your arm backwards & forwards within your pain-free arc. Do this gently for a couple of minutes. Next try moving your hand in a comfortable circle first one way, then the other. Gravity thus helps aid movement, & you can increase the range as you progress, always moving your shoulder within your pain-free arc. Don't push through the pain as this just increases the pain cycle. Try this a little & often throughout your day.'

• Ross_Scope
    Ross_Scope Posts: 4,989

Scope community team

Hi @clairescott

Welcome to the community, sorry to hear that you've experienced a reaction to the vaccine, I'm glad that you've reported what you've been through. 

As others have mentioned, we've had quite a few people talk about SIRVA and the discomfort that comes along with that, and it should be noted that it occurs as a result of incorrect vaccine administration rather than as a result of the vaccine itself. I'd encourage you to keep accessing your GP if it continues, to see how they can support you.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.