PIP review. I'm worried I don't have enough information. Would a letter from my CPN help? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

PIP review. I'm worried I don't have enough information. Would a letter from my CPN help?

System
System Posts: 644

Scope community team

edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
This discussion was created from comments split from: PIP Review Text Message ?.
Tagged:

Comments

• Willowy
    Willowy Member Posts: 4 Listener
    edited October 2021
    Hope everything is okay I've joined up hoping for some advice and support

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 11,628 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Willowy - & welcome to this friendly & supportive community. Please let us know what you would like advice about, as I'm sure someone will be able to help. :)
  • Willowy
    Can anyone help offer any advice I was awarded pip and due to covid had it extended to SEP 2022 I received form pip 1043 today for a review .Due to my doctor's surgery having a call back and not knowing who I would speak to during covid I avoided phoning and struggled on I did speak to a doctor who was not my usual go there is no change in my condition but I'm worried I don't have enough supporting evidence to retain the level of pip I'm on .I see my cpn on Wednesday would it help if she wrote how everything is the same in the additional information section
  • cookie1983
    cookie1983 Member Posts: 14 Listener
    Willowy said:
    Can anyone help offer any advice I was awarded pip and due to covid had it extended to SEP 2022 I received form pip 1043 today for a review .Due to my doctor's surgery having a call back and not knowing who I would speak to during covid I avoided phoning and struggled on I did speak to a doctor who was not my usual go there is no change in my condition but I'm worried I don't have enough supporting evidence to retain the level of pip I'm on .I see my cpn on Wednesday would it help if she wrote how everything is the same in the additional information section

Hi , you would be best to make your own post so that the question doesn't get missed.

Loads of people are in the same boat when it comes to doctor's , if your still getting medication's etc then fill that in and put into as much fine detail how each task effects you. I have found that the doctor's for my own esa and my mum's pip they never replied to dwp/dfc pip at all and made the decision on the paper we sent and most likely the assesement if you have one.
  • Willowy
    Thank you I've already posted received the pip1043 review letter .I have a eating disorder and anxiety and depression during covid avoided phoning GPS because it's a call back and wouldn't know whom I'd be speaking to was also infrequent with keeping in touch with cpn who I'll see this Wednesday there's been no change in my condition but would it help if she put a letter at additional evidence page to support my review could my money stop quickly ? How long is it taking on average for them to look at reviews and decide thanks again
  • Ross_Scope
    Ross_Scope Posts: 5,742

Scope community team

Hello @Willowy

Welcome to the community, good to see you join us. 

I see you have a discussion dedicated to your PIP query already, so I hope you are able to receive an answer over on that thread. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy being a part of the community and please feel free to have a look around.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 25,627 Disability Gamechanger
    Willowy said:

Letters from your GP aren't the best evidence to send because they very rarely know exactly how your conditions affect you.
    When filling out the form, even though there's no change in your condition, you still need to treat the review as a new claim.
    You should give a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Adding information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were.
    Your CPN writing "everything is the same" isn't going to help.
  • Ross_Scope
    Ross_Scope Posts: 5,742

Scope community team

Sorry for the confusion @poppy123456, I was merging a few discussions together so some replies were moved around and then any duplicates deleted.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • poppy123456
    Willowy said:
    Thank you I've already posted received the pip1043 review letter .I have a eating disorder and anxiety and depression during covid avoided phoning GPS because it's a call back and wouldn't know whom I'd be speaking to was also infrequent with keeping in touch with cpn who I'll see this Wednesday there's been no change in my condition but would it help if she put a letter at additional evidence page to support my review could my money stop quickly ? How long is it taking on average for them to look at reviews and decide thanks again

Your CPN can write you a supporting letter but it will only be useful if it states exactly how your conditions affect you, please see my reply above.
    There are huge backlogs for PIP claims at the moment, which include reviews. You'll likely need an assessment because most people have them. Any new decision made will overrule your current PIP award.
  • mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Member Posts: 8,281 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    I think we need to be a tad clearer here. I suspect “how your conditions affect you” is read by many people as “they describe my symptoms”. That isn’t actually what’s needed. A CPN who describes your symptoms is doing no more than you ought to have done in the extra information section of your PIP form. What you actually need your CPN to do is describe real world incidents that they’re aware of or were witness to which can be connected directly to the descriptors. If they can’t do that then their evidence is no more valuable than that of anyone else. 
  • Willowy
    Thank you everyone for your help I received my care plan from my cpn it was created in April 2019 and was dated last week as plan to follow it doesn't say much at all except mild depression and moderate anxiety and eating disorders . I'm wondering if it is worth sending it or if it would work against me considering it was made up so long ago and my condition often fluctuations back to moderate severe depression .I have to post it by this week . I'm so scared now it feels I've no back up to my claims
  • poppy123456
    As advised here.
     What you actually need your CPN to do is describe real world incidents that they’re aware of or were witness to which can be connected directly to the descriptors. If they can’t do that then their evidence is no more valuable than that of anyone else. 

Therefore, only you can decide whether it's worth sending it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.