I asked for assessor's report. They've told lies. I have a recording for my advice centre — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

I asked for assessor's report. They've told lies. I have a recording for my advice centre

System
System Posts: 643

Scope community team

edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
This discussion was created from comments split from: Capita's,assessor's lies need to be stopped.

Comments

• roots45
    roots45 Member Posts: 15 Connected
    I HAD MY Assessment over the phone by captia on 16th of september. recieved txt from DWP ON THE 22ND OF SEPTEMBER . SAYING THEY RECIEVED THE REPORT THE ASSESSOR.AND will write to me once they made decision. i asked pip if i could have copy of my report. just as well as i did . because the woman ASSESSOR HAS BLATANTLY TOLD LIES AFTER LIES . I HAVE RECORDED EVERTHING SHE SAID  ON MY TAPE RECODER. SO NOW I GOT EVIDENCE. TO GIVE TO MY aDVICE CENTRE.

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 11,600 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    Sorry you feel the assessor lied @roots45 - many feel this way, but, if you will look into previous comments on this thread, you will see that, at best, all you can say is that they were 'inaccurate.' Your recording may be useful to see what you were asked, then your replies, for your personal information, but nothing more than that.
    When you get your decision letter, & tho the decision maker usually goes with the assessor's recommendations, this doesn't always occur, you will then be better able to decide what, if anything, you want to do about it. If you disagree with your decision letter, you can ask for another decision maker to look at all your evidence again, a Mandatory Reconsideration. The best advice then would be to put your assessor's report behind you, & concentrate on the evidence, or lack of, that you gave. Your detailed, real life examples are what matter. Please see Mike's post here: https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/56365/pip-form-filling

• Snow92
    Snow92 Member Posts: 51 Courageous
    unfortunately if you didn't get permission to tape the assessment you will not be able to use this as evidence the DM doesn't always go with the report   good luck x 
  • mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Member Posts: 8,228 Disability Gamechanger
    Snow92 said:
    unfortunately if you didn't get permission to tape the assessment you will not be able to use this as evidence the DM doesn't always go with the report   good luck x 
    Not true. The real issues are that
    • the DWP DM is unlikely to have appropriate equipment to replay any recording.
    • as there aren’t two witnessed copies made at the same time it won’t carry much weight as it’s easy enough to both tamper with it or accuse someone of having done so.
    • proving an assessment is poor does not get you PIP. If your own evidence is sub par then you still won’t get it.
  • Snow92
    Snow92 Member Posts: 51 Courageous
    @mikehughescq can’t disagree here I thought taping an assessment was not allowed unless you had permission to do so there was another post I saw that a lady had secretly recorded her assessment and lost her pip award I’m not too clued up on DWP so I could be wrong of course 
  • mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Member Posts: 8,228 Disability Gamechanger
    It is fine to record a call. It becomes illegal if you play it to a third party without consent. Both DWP and HMCTS will happily nevertheless take such recordings into account but largely do not have the equipment to do so. 

I don’t know which post you’re referring to but there’s no correlation between making a recording and losing entitlement. 

Brightness

Need to talk?

Over Christmas the online community might be a little quieter than usual, so if you need urgent emotional support or if you feel like you might be in crisis, please read up about how to stay safe for now and find help.

You can also speak to somebody in confidence by calling Samaritans on 116 123 for free or send an email to
[email protected]

Of course, if you feel like you might be at risk right now, please call 999 or visit your local hospital.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.