I had to have a second WCA due to lockdown. When will my LCWRA payment be backdated to? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

I had to have a second WCA due to lockdown. When will my LCWRA payment be backdated to?

System
System Posts: 644

Scope community team

edited October 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)

Comments

• C_leonardi92
    C_leonardi92 Member Posts: 1 Listener
    I had my first work capability assessment just a few months after the first lockdown, I never got a decision, I asked my work coach what was happening and they told me I had to do another assessment, which was last week. Today I found out they have awarded me limited capability so will that be backpaid from my first ever assessment?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 25,627 Disability Gamechanger
    I had my first work capability assessment just a few months after the first lockdown, I never got a decision, I asked my work coach what was happening and they told me I had to do another assessment, which was last week. Today I found out they have awarded me limited capability so will that be backpaid from my first ever assessment?

You will only receive the extra money if you've been found to have Limited capability for work related activity. (LCWRA) If so then there's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time, starting from when you first reported your health condition and then it's paid from the 4th month of your claim. How much you're owed will depend on the date you first reported your health condition and the dates of your monthly assessment periods.
    If the decision was just Limited capability for work (LCW) there's no extra money.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.