Pip text messages confused — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Pip text messages confused

Sammie74 Member Posts: 28 Listener
Hi I sent off my pip form in June phoned them 2 times since asking the progress they were as helpful as they could be now this morning had message saying its been to assessors now going to dwp so get a reply with. 8 weeks but I've not had a telephone assessment is there people on here who haven't had a telephone assessment and it's been OK getting stressed out now 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 25,533 Disability Gamechanger
    Sounds like you had a paper based assessment, it's rare but definitely possible. I've yet to hear any stories where someone's been refused when they've had a paper based assessment. My daughter's had 2 and i've had one for PIP.
  • Sammie74
    Sammie74 Member Posts: 28 Listener
    Thanks its a little confusing as people I know have had the telephone assessment which I was really struggling on 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 13,272 Disability Gamechanger
    It all depends on the person and the condition and the detail you put on the form and evidence 

    If they have enough information to make a decision they can do a paper based assessment 

    As poppy said they are rare but I also had a paper based 
  • Sammie74
    Sammie74 Member Posts: 28 Listener
    I had lots of evidence doctors letter, mental health letters physiatrist reports, told them they had permission to contact any of them its just stressful now the waiting time thankyou lady's I will tell you the outcome when I hear from them 


Need to talk?

Over Christmas the online community might be a little quieter than usual, so if you need urgent emotional support or if you feel like you might be in crisis, please read up about how to stay safe for now and find help.

You can also speak to somebody in confidence by calling Samaritans on 116 123 for free or send an email to
[email protected]

Of course, if you feel like you might be at risk right now, please call 999 or visit your local hospital.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.