The Queen - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The Queen

Options
2»

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    Options
    [Removed by moderator]
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @mikehughescq

I have removed your most recent comment for being a personal attack towards another member. I understand that you might have frustrations with other users, but it's always important to emphasise that in the right way, rather than making comments that can come across as aggressive and personal attacks. I know that you have positive intentions, however sometimes the words written through an online forum can come across not as intended, which is why we have to be mindful. It can also cause other members to feel targeted.

I think in this case, woodbine was just expressing their disagreement with the point of view of other members who don't have the most positive of opinions of the royal family, which he is very much entitled to do. The discussion did veer somewhat off-topic and you are right when you say that it's natural for conversations to start in one place and then develop off into strands, but I don't think your response was conducive to maintaining positive discussion and debate in this case.

I'd encourage everybody to consider our community house rules, and continue to report any post that you feel needs moderator attention.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,658 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    Options
    [Removed by moderator]
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,858 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I like the queen, but i think the monarchy costs us to much, sure pay for the queen, but what about the rest of them, they shouldn't all be dipping into the public purse  
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,673 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We've had royals since 1st King in 895 AD, I'm all for royal family, regardless. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If Charles was made king it would be terrible the queen wouldn't allow Charles to marry camilla and he married Diana instead that didn't end well and then he married camila anyway  there would be hardly any support for the monarchy if he became king 

I wish the Queen well and hope she gets better soon at the end of the day they are just people like us 
  • TheAlien
    TheAlien Community member Posts: 228 Pioneering
    Options
    I've no time for any of them.
  • woodbine
    Options
    The royal family usually use private hospitals, thus freeing up a bed for us mere mortals.  :)

• woodbine
    Options
    I did say "usually" but as ever if I said it then it can't be true can it Mike ?

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Closed pending review.

Community Manager
    Scope
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.