Lack Of Courtesy By Admin Leaves Me No Choice !!! — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Lack Of Courtesy By Admin Leaves Me No Choice !!!

Teddybear12
Teddybear12 Member Posts: 1,347 Pioneering
edited October 30 in Coffee lounge
I am leaving the Site immediately or as soon as Admin make this possible. 

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Member Posts: 2,191 Pioneering
    Oh dear what's up?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 11,025 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm hoping you see this @Teddybear12 - again I would urge you to reconsider. I have seen your positivity; seen you welcome new members showing empathy, & I'm sure I'm not alone. Whilst we can't always know if we've helped others, unfortunately, I know you have tried too. The community needs people such as yourself, so please don't leave over what I feel is a misunderstanding. Wait & see about the replies you get, please.
    You are a valued member of the community remember, & from me, 'take care, & I hope to see you contributing again soon.'

• woodbine
    woodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 5,632 Disability Gamechanger
    i didn't see any lack of courtesy on the thread in question, in fact I would be so bold as to suggest that making this thread is showing a lack of courtesy.

The scope staff work very hard to ensure this forum runs smoothly, sometimes not an easy job and dare i say often a thankless task.
    @Teddybear12 i'm sorry that you feel the need to leave the forum,  I would hope you might reconsider ?

You can e mail scope and ask for your details to be removed.
    I am a person with epilepsy not an epileptic, my illness doesn't define me.
  • mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Member Posts: 7,797 Disability Gamechanger
    That “Like” button has truly shown its worth tonight. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 5,632 Disability Gamechanger
    In what way Mike?
    I am a person with epilepsy not an epileptic, my illness doesn't define me.
  • chiarieds
    In that it can be unhelpful/ perceived negatively, surely? 'Liking' a post you made, in this instance, no fault of yours, but was perceived negatively. One has to ask what positive outcome is there in using such reaction buttons?
  • mikehughescq
    edited October 30
    woodbine said:
    In what way Mike?
    It’s been very clearly claimed elsewhere on here that the “Like” button only serves a positive purpose; has not been used by passive aggressive bullies and is unambiguous. 

Brilliant timing that here we have a magnificent example of everyone being able to see who liked a post but people have rushed to impose their own meaning on that and it’s caused one member to want to leave the forum. 

Clearly the idea that such buttons are only a force for good just died.
  • Cress
    Cress Member Posts: 999 Pioneering

For the life of me I can't see why there would be upset about this.

• mikehughescq
    It’s the age old principle that the simpler you try to make something the more complex it gets. Other than flagging/reporting there’s simply no net gain from these others buttons.
  • chiarieds
    Hi @Cress - please believe me when I say that some members can become abusive, unfortunately, & then sometimes people who consider themselves their friends, then 'like' their posts, which isn't what the 'like' button is for, rather being 'passively aggressive,' as Mike suggests. I've been there; I've seen it, & to a much lesser extent I've been on the wrong end of it too.... not pleasant, I can assure you, when all members are doing is trying to help. So, yes, misuse of 'likes' buttons sadly occurs.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 24,716 Disability Gamechanger
    chiarieds said:
    Hi @Cress - please believe me when I say that some members can become abusive, unfortunately, & then sometimes people who consider themselves their friends, then 'like' their posts, which isn't what the 'like' button is for, rather being 'passively aggressive,' as Mike suggests. I've been there; I've seen it, & to a much lesser extent I've been on the wrong end of it too.... not pleasant, I can assure you, when all members are doing is trying to help. So, yes, misuse of 'likes' buttons sadly occurs.

Same here, as you know. It really isn't nice.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 8,174

Scope community team

Good morning @Teddybear12. I honestly don't believe @Ross_Scope was intending to be discourteous to you and I'm sorry you're feeling that the admin team lack courtesy and that your question wasn't acknowledged or answered. I've given a detailed response on the other thread which should hopefully explain the point system in more detail for everyone. 

It would be a loss to the community to see you go, especially over what may be a misunderstanding and we hope you'll reconsider.
    If you'd still like to leave and would like for your account to be deleted please email the community team at [email protected] and we can action that for you.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Tell us how to make the community better for you. Complete our feedback form.
  • Teddybear12
    Hi @chiarieds Thank you for your lovely post and kind words. I will think about what I am going to do although I have asked Admin to cancel my membership. For the most part I do enjoy being part of the Community and trying to help people where I can. 
  • Teddybear12
    Hi @Adrian_Scope Thank you for your reply.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 8,174

Scope community team

woodbine said:
    In what way Mike?
    It’s been very clearly claimed elsewhere on here that the “Like” button only serves a positive purpose; has not been used by passive aggressive bullies and is unambiguous. 

Brilliant timing that here we have a magnificent example of everyone being able to see who liked a post but people have rushed to impose their own meaning on that and it’s caused one member to want to leave the forum. 

Clearly the idea that such buttons are only a force for good just died.
    Misunderstandings happen across the community for various reasons, but I agree it has highlighted how a positive reaction could be interpreted differently.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Tell us how to make the community better for you. Complete our feedback form.
  • Ross_Scope
    Ross_Scope Posts: 5,416

Scope community team

Hi @Teddybear12

I hope you are doing okay this morning and Happy Halloween to yourself and everyone else.

I just wanted to apologise for how that reaction came across on the other thread, I understand how it could have caused upset. I can assure you that it wasn't intended in that way and I was just pleased that another user had been able to respond to you and provide more insight on the subject.

I had bookmarked the thread with the intention of returning to it this morning to respond to you directly about the points system, because as Adrian suggested in the discussion it was at a time where I was about to leave the community. On that particular evening I couldn't dedicate the time it may have taken to double check the full details around points scoring and write up a reply to you on the thread, and I'm sorry about that. 

I have sent you a private message alongside this, which I hope you have been able to read :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Teddybear12
    Hi @Ross_Scope Thank you for your reply and Happy Halloween to you to. I have read your private message but do not know how to reply to it. I have never had a private message before. I have emailed Admin to ask them to put my Membership cancelation on hold and will see how things go. 
  • Ross_Scope
    Ross_Scope Posts: 5,416

Scope community team

Hi @Teddybear12

To answer a private message you go to the message and find the text box which should be underneath. You then enter your message as you would any comment on the community, and hit the send button. The messages link can be found in the top right of the page on a laptop, next to the search and notification buttons.
    Thanks for the heads up about the email, I will pick that up and get back to you today.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.