Feel lost when it comes to meeting someone. I don't trust apps or site and am scared to go out — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Feel lost when it comes to meeting someone. I don't trust apps or site and am scared to go out

System
System Posts: 626

Scope community team

This discussion was created from comments split from: How do I find someone who will accept me as I am?.

Comments

• iain57
    iain57 Member Posts: 10 Listener
    Hi  i feel lost when it comes to even try meet some one i realy dont no were i start i love a relationship but dont trust apps or sites also i am scared of goin out so that dosent help i feel locked in only plase i go is my kids an antie rest of time i am in house the rest i realy like to talk an strike a relationship 
    Thanks
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Posts: 6,575

Scope community team

Hi @iain57 :) It can be difficult meeting people, especially potential partners, so you're not the only one to feel this way. I've made your comment into a new post, as I think this warrants its own thread.

Dating apps and websites do work for some people, but you definitely have to be careful when using them.
    also i am scared of goin out so that dosent help i feel locked in
    Is there anything in particular that makes you scared to go out?

A good place to start could be to attend a group or club based around an activity you enjoy, or want to try. This could help you to build your confidence in getting out and speaking to new people, as well as help you to meet like-minded people. Do you have an activity or hobby you like to do?
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to tell us how we're doing? Complete our feedback form now.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 5,599 Disability Gamechanger
    Many years ago when i was a teenager+ we all went to the pub and met people/partners there, internet-dating is the 2021 version of that, but it comes with caveats and warnings bout how to protect yourself from people you don't know, in that resepect little if anything has changed.
    I am a person with epilepsy not an epileptic, my illness doesn't define me.
  • iain57
    May be we could have a forem so people with this kind of fear can all talk as one were we can talk an get to no others feelings an get to no every one 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Posts: 6,575

Scope community team

I moved your post into our dating, sex, and relationships category @iain57, and you're more than welcome to talk about those types of topics there :) Or did you mean more of a dating site style forum? 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to tell us how we're doing? Complete our feedback form now.
  • iain57
    Just thourt   a place. We're eny one can put there feelings down I think if it was put as a dating forum it would put a lot of people off an skip this it be nice how others felt about meeting people if it makes sense think this is more I thourt in a long time 
  • Teddybear12
    Teddybear12 Member Posts: 1,267 Pioneering
    edited November 7
    Hi @iain57 Unfortunately if you do not like dating sites and do not go out you are not going to meet anyone. There are places that you can meet people that do not involve going to a bar or work. Get a dog - seriously . It feels more natural to get chatting when you have a dog. You can speak to anyone or they speak to you about the dog this starts the conversation off. Or borrow one to take for a walk. Markets especially food you could ask someone what they thought of a certain food and is it easy to cook that kind of thing. Museums & galleries you get to chat about pictures and other things of interest. Finally friends - what is the point of having friends if you do not use them. Perhaps your Auntie who you see could help. Take care, good luck. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.