Universal credit, wca form and fit notes. Could my payment stop if it doesn't arrive in time? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Universal credit, wca form and fit notes. Could my payment stop if it doesn't arrive in time?

Sammie74
Sammie74 Member Posts: 35 Listener
edited November 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
I got my wca form on the 1st Nov been on universal credit since September 2021 I filled the form in best I could mental health I posted it on the 18th on the 25th they sent me letter saying they hadn't received it but if I'd posted it not to worry now I haven't had any reminders for my fit note this is very stressful as it says my universal credit will stop if the form doesn't get there on time I'm going to ring in morning I've also messaged them in my journal as they've not sent me reminders for my fit note and it runs out Wed I'm really stressed now and the wca form had to get to them by the 3rd of November any help or advise would be great do they sometimes don't send you reminders I'm new to all this and I don't want them to just stop my money 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 25,627 Disability Gamechanger
    Sammie74 said:
    I got my wca form on the 1st Nov

Sammie74 said:
     I posted it on the 18th on the 25th they sent me letter saying they hadn't received it
    Your dates don't add up, therefore i'm assuming you received it on the 1st Oct? The letter you received on 25th may have crossed posted with the form you returned. Those letters are automatically generated.
    When i've returned all my work capability assessment forms in the past, i've always returned them  straight to the assessment providers, not to DWP because that was the address on all the envelopes.
    You can start by ringing the Health Assessment Advisory Service to ask if your form has been received. https://www.chdauk.co.uk/
    Your UC won't stop completey so try not to worry about that.

• Sammie74
    Sorry I got my wca 1st of October it said it had to returned by the 3rd of November I posted it on the 18th Oct and on the 25th Oct they sent me a letter saying they hadn't received it but if I'd posted in the last few days to ignore this letter I'm just waiting till 8 am to try get through to someone to find out if it's defo there or it has got lost I didn't get proof I sent it as I thought I returned it with plenty of time I can't stop crying I've not slept all night as I usually get reminders for my suck notes and I haven't had 1 it's so confusing me so much my heads in bits 
  • poppy123456
    The number you need to ring is 0800 288 8777. Are you sure your fit note is due to expire soon?
  • Sammie74
    My fit note expires tomorrow as I'm ringing doctors today as I've not been sleeping and been so ill with worrying about this I stress when things don't happen there's nothing on my u/c journal I've sent them 2 messages in my journal but there quite slow to reply I will be getting a sick note dated today as the stress is making my mental health really bad 
  • Sammie74
    Sammie74 said:
    My fit note expires tomorrow as I'm ringing doctors today as I've not been sleeping and been so ill with worrying about this I stress when things don't happen there's nothing on my u/c journal I've sent them 2 messages in my journal but there quite slow to reply I will be getting a sick note dated today as the stress is making my mental health really bad 

• Sammie74
    I've phoned the assessment centre and they said they have it they got it in time just don't know why they haven't sent me reminders for a new sick note they usually do rang u/c helpline but they weren't much help tbh I just sent another message in my journal and will just keep sending my fit notes on time I'm guessing they just forgot to press the button on there end thanks for the advise 
  • poppy123456
    Did you ring the assessment providers on the number i advised?
  • Sammie74
    Yes I did they received it on the 29th October within the time I just don't know why they haven't sent me fit note reminders but I've messaged my doctor today so hopefully they will give me another sicknote dated today so it in on time 
  • poppy123456
    It's a good thing they've received it. Try not to worry about not having the fit note reminder, you know it's ending tomorrow anyway. Once you have your new one just report it onto your journal in the usual way. I know from past members that they don't always give reminders. Your money won't stop.
  • Sammie74
    OK thankyou your brilliant with your info really grateful 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome and thank you :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 13,329 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Try not to worry about the fit note reminder I didn't get them as long as you get one and upload it on your online account it should be fine 
  • Sammie74
    Thankyou it's very stressful trying to get doctors appointments and requesting sick notes at my doctors it takes ages to even get to speak to the receptionist who thinks she's a doctor and gets very rude cos I was stressed out 
  • poppy123456
    Can you ask your GP to write you a longer fit note? It could be a while yet before a decision's made and it's likely you will need an assessment first.
  • Sammie74
    They've been giving me 4week sick notes won't they say no if I want a longer one my sickness is my mental health I'm on antidepressants for the last 8 weeks but they've just increased my dose as I'm still struggling 
  • poppy123456
    All you can do is ask. Some people are waiting several months for a work capability assessment and having to constantly ask your GP for a fit note every 4 weeks is very stressful, i'm sure.
  • Sammie74
    I feel bad even asking for them I will try ask for the one in December to be extended due to Xmas and new year see what they say thankyou 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.