Have you made any online friendships which you’ve met in real life - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Have you made any online friendships which you’ve met in real life

Options
2»

Comments

• csno01
    csno01 Community member Posts: 390 Pioneering
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    @Autumn_Feeling I think you just summed up massive swathes of social media, definitely not a unique problem there

I’m very picky about what online communities I choose to contribute to these days as well
    Same here. I’m cautious about using certain platforms or forums. There are good people out there but the toxic vocal minority spoil it for everyone.

I stopped using Instagram because it felt like a competition for likes and follows. Mostly, people who weren’t following my page liked my stuff and the people who were largely ignored it.

The reverse happens to me a lot. I’ve met people in real life at gigs and events over a four or five year period and they never kept in touch online. It was a one sided relationship which was frustrating.

I don’t know why people act like that. We should raise each other up.
    I am a member of a Meetup Social Group and have found that the people I have met in person, cant be bothered to keep in touch online. I prefer this approach as opposed to giving them my number on or after a first meet. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.