Hi, my name is Libby_Scope! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Libby_Scope!

Libby_Alumni
Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
Hi everyone :) 

My name is Libby and I'm a new online community coordinator for Scope. I look forward to hearing from you all soon and learning more about you. 

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day. It would be great to know what you have been up to? I'm just trying to get to grips with the new Scope software and attempting to navigate my way around the community :) any tips are welcome! 
Online Community Information Coordinator
Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Libby_Scope it's great to have you with us :)

You'll soon find your feet, everyone's very friendly and knowledgeable. Today I've been working, as you know, but when I'm done I plan to catch up with the tennis tour finals in Turin. Do you enjoy watching/playing any sports? I've been introduced to the football predictions discussion here, which looks like a lot of fun!
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Libby_Alumni
    Thanks @Alex_Scope! That's very kind of you :)

That sounds like a great after work activity. I also enjoy watching the tennis (or any sport in general). I particularly enjoy rugby, football, F1 and swimming. I used to be a competitive swimmer myself :). I'm excited to hear more about the football predictions discussion and hopefully get involved!
    Scope

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Libby_Alumni
    @Teddybear12 thank you :). I look forward to contributing to the community. Have a lovely rest of your afternoon/evening!
    Scope

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Libby_Scope - that's great you're an online community coordinator; welcome onboard. I'm more of a bookworm & my spare bedroom is my library. Unfortunately my son is also a bookworm, & many of his books seem to have taken up residence there as well. I do join in with the football predictions as well, but mine are all guesses! I hope you enjoy being here too. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome @Libby_Scope glad to have you on board 

I'm a f1 fan too what do you think of this years battle for the championship it's good to see a competition for a change 

Who do you think will clinch the title 
  • Libby_Alumni
    Hi @chiarieds, thank you for the welcome :) oh wow, that's great that you have a room dedicated to books. I love reading and learning too! What type of books do you like to read? I'm currently doing a part time PhD and at the moment, I'm reading a lot of psychology books related to my research. 
    Scope

• Libby_Alumni
    Thank you @janer1967 :) . It's an intense battle isn't it?! Like you said, it is nice to see a bit of competition though. I think Lewis Hamilton will clinch the title, but it will be close. I would like to see someone else take it this year though! What are your thoughts on who might win?
    Scope

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community and to the team @Libby_Scope, it's lovely to have you aboard :) 

Do you follow any particular football team?

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Libby_Scope I would like to see Hamilton win purely so he becomes the one with most championship wins which will complete his full set to be best ever driver 

But I think it will be down to last race and close 

Verstappen to me is an accident waiting to happen that will either kill him or someone else 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Libby_Scope - I like crime fiction, modern literature, poetry, the French & Russian Revolutions & Spanish Civil War, philosophy, & quite a bit in between! I do get to borrow my son's books too. We had a secondhand & antiquarian book shop, & we're both book collectors who regret selling a few books that we'll never see again, but at least we got to 'borrow' them. :)
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Libby_Scope

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. Do you have any specific questions about navigating Scope's community? We would all be more than happy to help. However, with a few clicks, I'm sure you will get there!

In terms of what I have been up to, I have been working towards my Master's degree in SEND! In my spare time though I like to watch Disney. Scrolling through the comments, I see that you are studying for a PhD (I believe in Psychology). Would you like to tell us more about your PhD topic? :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Libby_Alumni
    Thanks @Ross_Scope :) I'm excited to be part of the team! I'm an avid Liverpool supporter :) what about you?
    Scope

• Libby_Alumni
    Hi @L_Volunteer :) thank you for reaching out and offering to help. 

That's great news, well done! How are you finding your masters degree? Postgraduate degrees are very different from undergraduate degrees I find. I'm also a big Disney fan. What is your favorite film/character(s)? 

Of course, my PhD is in Sport Psychology. I'm exploring the experiences of student-athletes and specifically looking at the link between wellbeing and sporting/academic performance. I'm really enjoying the project!
    Scope

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Libby_Scope

You are welcome. How are you today? Is there anything you are specifically struggling with or do you feel you are getting there now?

As I always say, Masters's degrees are tiring but they are more than worth it. I am assuming your PhD is similar? Your PhD topic does sound really interesting and I would be interested in hearing about your results!

In terms of Disney, I would have to say the Lion King/Toy Story/the Simpsons! But I also really like Winnie the Pooh. There are just so many good ones to choose from! What are your favourites?

Take care for now and I will look forward to hearing from you again soon  :D
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    Welcome @Libby_Scope ?
    I have an appointment for a booster jab today, and I am a bit nervous about being with a crowd of people to be honest. I hope I don’t have to queue for long. ☹️

(I have an A level in psychology and studied it for a year at uni, very interesting subject.)

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Ross_Alumni
    Hope everything goes well with the booster @leeCal :) 

I'm a Leeds fan @Libby_Scope, please don't mention the game earlier this season :D 

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Libby_Alumni
    @leeCal I hope the appointment goes well too and you don't have to wait too long to queue. Let us know how you get on :) 

That's great that you have a Psychology A level :) I didn't actually do it at college, but after completing a module in Sport Psychology at university, I found it extremely fascinating!
    Scope

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    So I’m boooosted! Yay ? 

queue was short and i was in and out in half an hour. Very good.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Libby_Alumni
    @leeCal great news! I'm glad it went well and the queue was short. I'm sure that made it a more enjoyable experience :) 
    Scope

• Ross_Alumni
    leeCal said:
    So I’m boooosted! Yay ? 

queue was short and i was in and out in half an hour. Very good.
    Good stuff :) 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.