I'm new to the group and I too have cervical stenosis — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

I'm new to the group and I too have cervical stenosis

System
System Posts: 626

Scope community team

edited November 17 in Start here and say hello!

Comments

• Bigjimintheuk
    Bigjimintheuk Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi [email protected]
    Im new to the group and I too have cervical stenosis C4 to C8 and multilevel foraminal stenosis. I've had it for approximately 5 years but just recently it's getting worse, and I am experiencing the same symptoms as you. Everything I do feels somehow clumsy. I recently saw the consultant and it seems that unless you become incontinent you will not get a cervical intervention. I am going to keep pushing my case as you should too because we are experiencing signs that could be myelopathy which is the breakdown of the spinal cord.
    On top of my stenosis I have just given myself bilateral rotator cuff syndrome on my last job so I'm not sure when or if I'll ever be able to work again. I was self employed so no sick pay and no benefits because my wife works
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 10,988 Disability Gamechanger
    Admin can you make this a new post please as this discussion is more than 2 years old. Thank you.
  • Bigjimintheuk
    Bigjimintheuk Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Sorry I couldn't see a date on it. Newbie
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Posts: 6,575

Scope community team

Welcome to the community @Bigjimintheuk :) I'm sorry to hear about the situation you've found yourself in, but am glad you felt able to post about this on the community.

Have you heard of PIP? PIP isn't a means tested benefit, so it wouldn't matter that your wife works. It could be worth looking into. You can read about it on the Turn2Us website.

It's good that you feel able to continue pushing for the treatment you need. Do you have some next steps laid out?
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to tell us how we're doing? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.