Plans for the weekend ? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Plans for the weekend ?

woodbine
woodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 5,632 Disability Gamechanger
Have you got any plans for the weekend? SM has an eye test tomorrow and we need to upgrade our mobiles as now out of contract, so we will do our weekly shop instead of having it delivered, that takes care of Saturday, Sunday we usually have neighbours in for a brew and a chat.
Will you be doing anything special? starting making plans for Christmas or some Christmas shopping?
I am a person with epilepsy not an epileptic, my illness doesn't define me.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 12,821 Disability Gamechanger
    Sounds like a busy weekend hope you get the phones sorted and set up OK 

I'm going to have a good sort out in the house 

I ordered a new sofa which should be coming before Christmas so need to rearrange the lounge a bit before it arrives 

Taking each room at a time and having a clear out 
    I have professional experience in HR within public,  private, and charity sectors.  If I can help I will 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community Co-Production Group Posts: 5,772 Disability Gamechanger
    Are you happy with your current phones or do you specifically want an upgrade? I'm just wondering: consider keeping your current phones, now that they are paid up and are yours, and get a SIM only contract?

SIM only is much cheaper as you are only paying for the calls/texts/data and not paying for a phone on top.

Just a suggestion to save you a bit of money :blush:

Just the normal stuff for our weekend. Walking the dog and going somewhere in the car for a drive. :)
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Member Posts: 1,991 Pioneering
    janer1967 said:
    I ordered a new sofa which should be coming before Christmas so need to rearrange the lounge a bit before it arrives 
    That’s exciting. 

I don’t know if you remember my picture of my new sofa a few months ago? 

I ordered the chair to go with it but there was a delay with the chair so only getting that now. It’s arriving this afternoon. 
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Member Posts: 198 Pioneering
    I just got back from having my covid booster, so the rest of the day is just relaxing for me. Tomorrow (Sunday) I'm going to see my Nan and have dinner there. I have always gone to my nans on Sunday since I was born although its hard as my grandad is no longer with us.

Can't say i'm looking forward to christmas this year, as again we all go to my nans for christmas and it'll be the first christmas without my grandad, which will be upsetting but we'll make the most of it. I also have my grandads funeral next friday which i'm preparing myself for as lots of family members are coming, and having extreme social anxiety and communication issues, I can't say I'm looking forward to it but i'll have support from my dad and nan who i'll stay close too.

With phones I normally buy decent refurbished phones that are much cheaper and just as good, then just have a contract sim. I only pay £6-7 a month for my contract which is less than I would if pay as you go. I'm also not bothered about the latest phone so normally choose one thats a few years older as I don't use it other than contacting family. Like for instance my nan bought me a refurbished samsung galaxy s9 back in jan for my birthday which I chose myself and was more or less like new condition.

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Member Posts: 2,191 Pioneering
    I was meant to be going out for breakfast but couldn't be bothered when I got up. So toying with going town or staying in. I need an upgrade on my phone too
  • janer1967
    @MarkM88 yes I remember your new sofa it's great you have decided to get the chair to match 

I'm having a corner chaise sofa but thinking of keeping my current chair as it will match nicely so hoping with rearranging can fit it all in 
    I have professional experience in HR within public,  private, and charity sectors.  If I can help I will 
  • lisathomas50
    lisathomas50 Member Posts: 4,698 Disability Gamechanger
    Me and mum still in isolation so just sorting house out can't wait to get out for a walk we got got sea air here good for the lungs lol ha ha 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Posts: 6,610

Scope community team

I hope that you have a nice time with your nan tomorrow @rubin16, and that the funeral goes okay next Friday :) 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to tell us how we're doing? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Tori_Scope

Scope community team

How much longer do you have to isolate for now @lisathomas50?

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

• woodbine
    woodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 5,632 Disability Gamechanger
    Upgrading the mobiles turned into a nightmare SM's no problem, but apparently my account has been subject to fraud (not by me I hasten to add) they hope to get it sorted next week.
    I am a person with epilepsy not an epileptic, my illness doesn't define me.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Member Posts: 2,191 Pioneering
    There  a lot of it about someone signed up a amazon prime on my sons and he doesn't have amazon account the bank are looking into it
  • mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Member Posts: 7,797 Disability Gamechanger
    Mobile phone fraud is relatively easy. There are multiple scams. See https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/a-z-of-fraud/mobile-phone-fraud for some examples. Absolutely crucial to not manage your contract on a device more than one person uses and to minimise the amount of info you post online. 
  • janer1967
    My bf has just had his mobile number taken over by someone and they have got the code to switch network which they have done and now he has no network service 
  • lisathomas50
    I am lucky on ee I have so much security and I am alerted to scams if anyone trys to committ fraud with anything on or to do with my phone My phone uploads a virus and I know when it happens I have this bug thing appear on my phone and all my accounts are frozen its pretty cool but there is a charge for it 
  • lisathomas50
    @Tori_Scope me and mum both had corona virus mum is now negative  I have done a pcr today bit self isolation ends on 23rd 
  • lisathomas50
    I am looking forward to my new sofas comeing next week I am haveing a two and a three seater silver crushed velvet I cant wait 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Member Posts: 1,991 Pioneering
    janer1967 said:
    @MarkM88 yes I remember your new sofa it's great you have decided to get the chair to match 

I'm having a corner chaise sofa but thinking of keeping my current chair as it will match nicely so hoping with rearranging can fit it all in 
    Yes thought it would be nice, it arrived safely. 

Your new sofa sounds lovely. 
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Member Posts: 198 Pioneering
    I woke up this morning with a really sore arm, and a headache from hell after my covid booster yesterday, however I have took some paracetamol and still determined to visit my nan. Hopefully the paracetamol kick in soon.
  • Tori_Scope

Scope community team

Not much longer to go now then @lisathomas50 :) Enjoy your new sofas!

• Tori_Scope

Scope community team

I hope the paracetamol kicks in soon too @rubin16 :) 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.